• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just got a Dragon pet store told me sand!

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok well I bought sand and now am reading that it's really bad. I did plan on feeding in a smaller 10 gallon tank with carpet in it, do you guys think this will be ok?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Also, when and if you do use sand, don't use the sand from the pet store that is "specially formulated" for lizards. The best sand to use is washed and sifted children's play sand. I would get my money back for the sand and just use plain white paper towels to line the tank.

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok changed it out but in the carpet.
uploadfromtaptalk1390772870585.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1390772887633.jpg

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I do have a 10 gallon tank for feeding. Actually just feed him for the crickets for the first time today. He is small only 6 inch long.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's how big my Lucy was when we brought her home, I was guessing maybe a month?

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats about how long ive had mine and i was told he was 2 months when i got him but he hasnt grown any

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I read that a baby could be 3-4 inches at birth. When we brought Lucy home on 12/21 she was 6 inches and today she measured at 8.5 inches. But they do grow at different speeds. I looked back at Dexter's growth chart and it took her 3 months to get from 6 inches to 8.5.

Latest posts