• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just curious!

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have had several opinions from my other forum that I visit. What is your opinion the Zoo Med Powersun UV 100W bulb?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Never personally used one I have used the Hagen SolarGlo and the Trex. I have come to the conclusion, for my case, that MVBs are just to overpowering. When you are running 6 in a small, closed room, things get a little "warm". I am phasing out my MVBs and switching all over to the ReptiSun 10.0, takes a lot less power to run a normal household bulb and a fluorescent tube than a mvb as well. If i remember right the Trex MVB (100 watt) ran 9 amps of draw while a reptisun 10.0 and a house bulb only runs 0.3 amps of draw. Way lower power consumption.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm...I think that is the one we used. It's been quite a number of years since we used it. I'm not a fan of the MVB's. Oddly enough, when Bernie was in his smaller viv, temps were fine. But when we moved him to his big home (75 gallon), the temps were too hot. I'm partial to the ReptiSun 10.0.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally I liked the powersun. I used the 160 tho..........huge tank. It gave me the combination of UVB, bright white light, and heat.

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
A reptile store sold it to me ( it is all he uses.) and my other forum was against its use, so my other VIV's have the Reptisun tube. I have just kept it around. Always interested in other opinions. :)

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Twobeardieguy said:
It was the 100 watts that had problems with but the 160s were fine.

That is good to know!! I will just through it back in with my "extra stuff I don't use" LOL

Latest posts