• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jose the Jalapeño...

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Jose is teally a jumbo chillie pepper. He will not be eaten by me, I'm allergic. But I do love to eat them.
image.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm so jealous! My pepper plants are tall with luscious leaves but no peppers yet!

I love that you've given all your plants names!

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I don't have too many plants because I live in a 2 bedroom town home right now. I have a back patio with what will be a vertical garden with some crates. So, yes I like naming my plants. Now if I had a farm.... I would not name each plant. Here are my plant names:

Jose the Chile Pepper
Buda the Bonsai
Tommy the Tomato
and Malibu the Palm Tree (LOL)

I will post pics of Tommy and Malibu later in a day or too.
Looks like I'm getting 6-10 Jumbo Chiles off of Jose. He is a late bloomer, just be patient.... your will sprout. Fertilized once a month and water, aqua, water... Water once per day in the morning. Do not get leaves wet when watering. I have been growing Jose for about 2 months now. He is portable too because he is growing upside down in a 2 liter bottles. Which there is pros and cons doing so.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I live in an apartment so I only have a small space too. My porch has barely enough room for 2 plants, our grill and a small bistro set. I started my peppers and tomatoes inside in an Aerogarden then transplanted them outside. I think they went through a period of transplant shock, they were so wilted. Now my tomato plant is covered in tomatoes and hopefully the peppers will do something soon. Last year I hardly got any tomatoes because hornworms got out of control before I realized they were there.

Now I have salad greens in the Aerogarden and when those are done I'm going to plant some dandelions and greens for Dexter.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
IMG_0831.jpg
Use seven dust on your outside plants, it's safe as long as you rinse with cold water before eating. Now if you also grow plants for your BD, DO NOT of course, use any pesticide. I only feed my BD organics. Oh, the tomato trick is spraying your tomato plant leaves with Liquid Calcium Sulfate/ Phosphate. At Home Depot it's Calcium Tomato Fertilizer. Spray ONLY at night as it will burn the leaves from the sun. DO NOT spray your pepper plant, made the mistake the other day and now Jose is sick (wilting). Trial and error my friend. I will post a picture of the vertical garden idea here in a minute.... here we go. It's not finished but it will have mess under all three forklift brackets so there with be 3 long planters. It will be mounted to the fence... suspended. Got the crates for free behind a business and the paint was $6. Mesh is old pants. Use a staple gun to secure. Here is the palates I have painted:

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My dad used to use Ivory soap mixed with water on his plants to get the pests off, they don't make it any more so I used baby shampoo. It killed the worms but by the time I saw them it was too little too late. The liquid calcium sulfate sounds like a dream. In the past I had crushed up calcium sulfate pills into powder and mixed it into the soil around the roots they were such a pain to crush.

Dexter eats better than me. Or I should say I buy better for her! She has been a real picky eater as of late and even though I buy her the best and make her the nicest salads, she doesn't really eat them.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah I know. She actually had 6 bits of collard greens today!

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
IMG_0004.JPG
Jose is hanging in there! What a champ! He may only have 1 Chile Pepper but more are coming, I see new branches. pictures will be posted. What a resilient plant! OH, Patsy, I have another Thread I will post of Malibu the Palm and Hayabusa the Hibiscus.

Last edited:

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
This is great!

I actually have a bell pepper that has started to form, I'm so excited!

Chipthe

Hatchling Dragon
DSC06867.JPG
This is my pet aloe. He is also my best friend, and his name is Friendly slime. Probably because thats what i put on my sunburns.

TarynLee

Hatchling Dragon
This is such a cute thread!

I have a black thumb unfortunately!
And a cat who really loves potting soil.

Latest posts