• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jim has stopped eating - getting worried

Missi & Jim

Bearded Dragon Egg
For the last 2 weeks Jim had slowed way down on the amount of live feeders but was still eating greens .He would eat at least 15 lg crickets and 3-5 supers twice a day , his collard greens are available all day and he would eat about half .He slowly began eating less every other day .
Now Jim has not eaten a live feeder for 4 days , maybe just a tiny bit of greens .
He is still basking and is never really on the cold side or in his hide . He is alert and will run around when he is out of his tank .

I just changed his UVB ( reptisun tube 10) in case that might be the problem , it is 6 months old .
He is in a 40g tank , and his basking temps are 103-110, depending where he sits ,cool side is 78 hot side 89,
I check temps with a temp gun .
I ordered a fecal kit to check for parasites but I only received it after he stopped eating -since he is not eating he is not pooping .
In the last week he has lost 10 g .Normally he has huge poops so I figured that would account for some of the weight loss since he must be empty.

I read just about every post/article about brumation and winter slow down ( more then once).But now I am getting worried .

Yesterday he has also started to black beard off and on all day , and glass dancing which he rarely did before .I know he can see his reflection in the front but it never bothered him before. The back and sides of his tank are covered . Should I cover the front too ? I would just feel bad if he could not see anything out of his tank.

Extra info-
Jim is almost 9 months old now , 21 in long and 515g. He is in a 40 g tank . Reptisun 10 tube changed yesterday .Baths every day.
Was eating collards ,endive, crickets & supers.
basking 103-110 checked with a temp gun .

Latest posts