• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ISO safe beardie hammock & how do I bake a rock?

Frogb0i

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hiya,

I wanna get a hammock for my beardie as she’s a baby and I know they love to climb.

Which kind of hammock is adviced? Originally I was going to get the more natural coloured one but I read on here it’s not the best for nails? Has anyone used this green style are they safer? I don’t really want to add cotton or anything like that as it’ll smell :(

Also, I have a really nice kind of breezeblock rock/stone thing randomly in my (outdoor) garden that is grey and would match my grey Viv. I saw somewhere here you have to bake it? I can’t say I’ve ever baked a rock before so how long/how hot degrees for and what do I do after to cool it down can it go in a metal sink? Are there any types of rock that aren’t suitable for baking?

Thankyou :)

Attachments

• IMG_3629.png
    IMG_3629.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3630.png
    IMG_3630.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hiya,

I wanna get a hammock for my beardie as she’s a baby and I know they love to climb.

Which kind of hammock is adviced? Originally I was going to get the more natural coloured one but I read on here it’s not the best for nails? Has anyone used this green style are they safer? I don’t really want to add cotton or anything like that as it’ll smell :(

Also, I have a really nice kind of breezeblock rock/stone thing randomly in my (outdoor) garden that is grey and would match my grey Viv. I saw somewhere here you have to bake it? I can’t say I’ve ever baked a rock before so how long/how hot degrees for and what do I do after to cool it down can it go in a metal sink? Are there any types of rock that aren’t suitable for baking?

Thankyou :)
300 for baking and I would do 15 minutes-- the hammock I dont recommend either one-- you want a fleece or a cloth one www.etsy.com or www.pamperedbeardies.com

Frogb0i

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Sadie, thankyou so much I will do that! Sadly that store is closing down and is US based whereas I’m in the uk so I’ll have a look on Etsy! Thankyou for the recommendation! :)

Latest posts