• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this yellow fungus?

NewBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I unfortunately did not take a lot of pics when we first got this guy, but I THINK this yellow/orange stuff on his mouth is new. I don't know if it's yellow fungus, I don't see this discoloration elsewhere on his body. he does not live with other dragons, we got him full grown a few months ago, follow the diet stuff pretty regularly, bath about once a week, we keep his enclosure clean and the calcium light looks to be putting out correct amount of rays. I believe the orangeness around his eyes is also getting more pronounced over time.

I'm not sure if it's normal because of how their eyes are oriented, but I've seen him run into the wall a couple times, although he seems to see OK, he reacts to us moving stuff around him and he nips little peieces of peper out of our hands with accuracy, and chases down the dubia roaches, so I think he sees OK.

Any feedback welcome, let me know if you need to see more in order to give an opinion. Thanks for taking the time

Attachments

• BeardedEye.jpg
    BeardedEye.jpg
    960.2 KB · Views: 22
  • BeardedCloseArrows.jpg
    BeardedCloseArrows.jpg
    917.4 KB · Views: 18
  • BeardedClose.jpg
    BeardedClose.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 21

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I unfortunately did not take a lot of pics when we first got this guy, but I THINK this yellow/orange stuff on his mouth is new. I don't know if it's yellow fungus, I don't see this discoloration elsewhere on his body. he does not live with other dragons, we got him full grown a few months ago, follow the diet stuff pretty regularly, bath about once a week, we keep his enclosure clean and the calcium light looks to be putting out correct amount of rays. I believe the orangeness around his eyes is also getting more pronounced over time.

I'm not sure if it's normal because of how their eyes are oriented, but I've seen him run into the wall a couple times, although he seems to see OK, he reacts to us moving stuff around him and he nips little peieces of peper out of our hands with accuracy, and chases down the dubia roaches, so I think he sees OK.

Any feedback welcome, let me know if you need to see more in order to give an opinion. Thanks for taking the time
It looks like coloring w/ shed coming on - if his eyes get bulgey thats normal for shed - they do that to stretch the skin / scales - his UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture? If its a coil please replace w/ a long tube fixture - they are the best and most effective - coils are health hazards -- surface basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and should be 95-100--- your UVB should accommodate the size of the tank example 40 + gallon tanks a 24" fixture - tanks smaller like a 20-30 gallon which is not recommended for a adult dragon a 18-20 inch would work - I can help you w/ all this stuff if you need help but this is really important to the dragons overall health and behavior

NewBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
It looks like coloring w/ shed coming on - if his eyes get bulgey thats normal for shed - they do that to stretch the skin / scales - his UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture? If its a coil please replace w/ a long tube fixture - they are the best and most effective - coils are health hazards -- surface basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and should be 95-100--- your UVB should accommodate the size of the tank example 40 + gallon tanks a 24" fixture - tanks smaller like a 20-30 gallon which is not recommended for a adult dragon a 18-20 inch would work - I can help you w/ all this stuff if you need help but this is really important to the dragons overall health and behavior

Thanks Sadie, yes it's a tube. His enclosure is pretty big, right now it's analog meters for temp and humidity, but I'm getting batteries for the digital probes soon. So that orange coloration around lips is not any kind of fungus you don't think? And his eyes getting more orange?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Sadie, yes it's a tube. His enclosure is pretty big, right now it's analog meters for temp and humidity, but I'm getting batteries for the digital probes soon. So that orange coloration around lips is not any kind of fungus you don't think? And his eyes getting more orange?
No fungus- natural coloring- the tube uvb needs to be properly placed to get the best effective of rays- what is the bulb and brand please?

NewBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
No fungus- natural coloring- the tube uvb needs to be properly placed to get the best effective of rays- what is the bulb and brand please?
The calcium bulb is a Reptisun T5HO 39W. His heat lamp is a separate bulb above his basking rock. Attaching pic of setup, a close-up of the orange spot, and his latest poop, which seemed enormous and very liquidy. Also seems pretty mucusy, but I've read that's normal. Just including all that in case you have feedback, you seem like an expert on here. I appreciate your help and support.

Attachments

• 20220501_095005.jpg
    20220501_095005.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220430_145737.jpg
    20220430_145737.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220502_091944.jpg
    20220502_091944.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The calcium bulb is a Reptisun T5HO 39W. His heat lamp is a separate bulb above his basking rock. Attaching pic of setup, a close-up of the orange spot, and his latest poop, which seemed enormous and very liquidy. Also seems pretty mucusy, but I've read that's normal. Just including all that in case you have feedback, you seem like an expert on here. I appreciate your help and support.
The poop is great - hes hydrated and formed and his urate looks good - his UVB is good as well where he has different height he can bask under -- the orange around the eyes is coloring - and the white is shed

Latest posts