• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this tank suitable for a baby beardie

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys I was wanting to know if an exo terra tank 45x45x45 is ok short term for a baby bearded dragon and I have one of those tanks spare and am going to give one of my babies to my nephew along with this tank?

Thanks

Kenny.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would not recommend using that tank. Its only 18" x 18" x 18" and.acording to Exo Terra that is a totally screened enclosure. If yours happens to be glass tho there is really no way that your.are going to.get a proper temp gradient set up with a 110 degree basking spot and an 80-85 cool side which is needed for.a baby beardie.
The minumum size to use for a baby is a 20 gallon tank and really needs to be a 20 gallon long..you can get these readily at petshops that sell Critter Cages by Zilla. Your baby will out grow a 20L tank before you know and you will need a minimum 40 gallon Breeder tank soon so.you need to prepare for that.

It is really critical that you start off right with these lil guys and gals...I am all for saving money where possible but not at the expense of not meeting the needs of the creature and a proper size enclosure is a basic need;)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it is indeed a screened enclosure, on top of what has already been said, screened enclosures are not suitable for BDs. They will not hold heat, are susceptible to drafts & the BDs will climb the sides. BDs climb up very well, but can not climb back down, causing them to jump or fall, posing high injury risk. Their claws\toes can get caught in the screen & rip them off. They are are not an option for a BDs enclosure, no matter how temporary.

Latest posts