• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this Starter kit okay?

hannah.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I’m looking into getting a bearded dragon and was wondering if this is a decent starter kit? Obviously there’s other things to get such as hides, food and water bowls, thermostat, etc. (I won’t be using the sand paper mats)
9572BB66-6DAA-41A4-A49B-D257D6301FA4.png

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Why are there two UVB bulbs? The glo light isn't really necessary...

hannah.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Why are there two UVB bulbs? The glo light isn't really necessary...
I don’t really know, although I do have other reptiles so naturally I have lots of spare uvb lights and heat bulbs so I’ll probably just use the ones I have experience with and know that they work well

most stuff there I already have for my other reptiles so I’ll probably just end up buying the enclosure on it’s own to save the extra cost

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don’t really know, although I do have other reptiles so naturally I have lots of spare uvb lights and heat bulbs so I’ll probably just use the ones I have experience with and know that they work well

most stuff there I already have for my other reptiles so I’ll probably just end up buying the enclosure on it’s own to save the extra cost
I would not use most of the stuff in that "kit" most kits sell stuff that is no good and a waste of money --- I would look for a used tank on Craigslist or FB maketplace if you have that where you live -- you need a Arcadia 12% desert bulb for the UVB they are one of the best on the market --- a digital probe thermometer and a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby and 95-110 for a juvie/ adult dragon -- those things I just posted are the most important things in the tank --- after that you can go from there w/ what you want to use in the tank - NO sand of course you can look at getting some textured NON adhesive shelf liner or slated ceramic tile NO coarse and NO smooth so they dont slip on the tile - it needs to be cut w/ a tile cutter so you dont get jagged edges -- best size for a tank for a adult dragon is a 4x2x2

Latest posts