• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

is this bulb ok!? quick answer please!

mbot219

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it ok to use a reptisun 10.0 24" in a 40 gallon breeder? I've seen that it has to stretch the whole enclosure but I've also seen people use the 24" in their 36" tank. Please help! My brother's ordering offline tonight and I want to combined the orders!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
A 24" will work but for a 40 gallon breeder tank but I prefer the 18" to the 24"...They are a little cheaper and they also make it easier to set the basking spot at one end of the tank and mount the Uv fixture so that the center of the bulb where the most UV emits from can shine on the basking spot too. Also if you want to save a little more money the 10.0 ReptiGlo bulbs will work just fine...They are a good deal cheaper than ReptiSun..I use both kind and prefer the ReptiSun but I only purchase them when I find a really great bargain.:)
Have a great weekend!!

mbot219

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks! I got the 18" reptisun. I was originally going to get the 24 and use an under cabinet fixture from walmart but their two foot fixtures weren't the correct wattage. I almost have everything to set up the enclosures. Only two weeks until the reptile expo!

Latest posts