• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this beardie poo healthy?

WhosDank

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just thought id ask as I was told there poo should be solid and his looks a little wierd, how ever he has had quite a few waxworks(girlfriend over fed him them the other night) as he's only a juvenile beardie he should only have about 4 a week is that correct?
20201115_152436.jpg
20201115_152439.jpg
20201115_152444.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you feeding ? It looks like sticks of wood --- waxworms are too fatty and should be fed sparingly -- they can cause liver damage if fed too many and too often -- your dragons poo should look smooth dark formed and moist -- urate should be white formed and moist -- no chalky looking or dried out --

WhosDank

Bearded Dragon Egg
looks fine to me what other food do u feed
Are you uk?
Yeah from the UK, I feed him waxworms crickets grasshoppers and have gave him some mealworms and he's tried a bit of spring green (sort of like collard green) but he had barely any of it

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If your beardie has had a lot of crickets or grasshoppers than that’s very normal my juvenile’s poop looks the same because the sucker still isn’t a fan of his veggies.

Knight98

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah from the UK, I feed him waxworms crickets grasshoppers and have gave him some mealworms and he's tried a bit of spring green (sort of like collard green) but he had barely any of it
I’m uk too, for veggies I tend to use.
Kale everyday with one of the others mix it up now and again
Pepper
Butternut squash
Carrot
Mint leaves once a week
Parsley once a week
Sweet potato once a week

Fruits should comprise the smallest portion of your beardie's diet but do include them
Blueberries
Grapes
Banana
Apple
Plum
Peaches

you can also put in a few worms to attract to his veggies
Lay off the waxworms and mealworms there very fatty, little nutritional value and only to Be fed as treats
Try Dubia roaches as a staple from https://buzzardreptile.co.uk/
Feed in a glass bowl so they can’t escape
Buzzard reptile are the best for live food in Uk cheap as f*ck and arrive next working day.

Latest posts