• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this an actual color morph?

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I took George up to the local petstore to buy some crickets...The guy takes one look at George and was like, "Nice beardie, looks like a citrus sunfire". Now I have no idea about color morphs and such,but was curious if this was an actual color form. He mentioned something that her sides look like his tiger sandfire, but her head and back are definitely a citrus.

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I went and looked back at Pumpkin...Yep George looks similar except her back is yellow also. George's legs and face are orange, but everything on you can see looking down is yellow...

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
TheWolfmanTom said:
He probably meant citrus x sandfire.
Its a very nice color combo.
Pumpkin is a citrus/Sunburst x Red/orange sandfire.

Is Sandfire considered a "general" color form, now, like Kleenex is used to describe something made by Puffs? I thought Sandfire was the name of a breeder/breeding company....but could be wrong. I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to the names of color morphs.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sandfire dragon ranch still supplies the major pet stores with babys.
They produce on a massive massive level.
This is just my opinion but I think sandfires have replaced the normal dragon.
It would not surprise me if everyone who owns or has owned a dragon has put hands on a sandfire...lol

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As Tom pointed out, Sandfire is now everywhere and to tell you the truth I have never seen a normal beardie.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
All the petco babies seem to be sandfire, Rex certainly is. I can already see the sandfire spots quite clearly on his back. For being a big supplier they seem to usually put out healthy beardies. What makes them ill is how long they stay at Petco/Petsmart before being picked up. Rex was in a fresh batch because he was in there with like 10 or 15 others who looked like they came from the same clutch and they were all pretty lively and had good color still. Beardies are pretty resilient as a whole though, some can survive for years at Petco seeing as the one by me has an adult, raised in a display case. But not all are soo fortunate in their fragile youth :(

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Tom. Sandfire Dragon Ranch....that's who I was thinking of. Didn't realize they were that big.

Latest posts