• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is something wrong with him?

Vettobe14

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has been just sitting in the corner for a while now, and I don't know if it's brumation because I have read about that and things. So I don't want to force feed him and have it mold in his belly. I wanted to ask to see if anyone knows whats going on. It is currently winter here so I dont know if that affects it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon has been just sitting in the corner for a while now, and I don't know if it's brumation because I have read about that and things. So I don't want to force feed him and have it mold in his belly. I wanted to ask to see if anyone knows whats going on. It is currently winter here so I dont know if that affects it.
Ok so rule in brumation we need to go over the basking temps and your UVB - sometimes incorrect UVB and basking temps will simulate brumation ---- but since its winter we really need to see what the deal is
Brand and bulb of the UVB and where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank? How old is the UVB?
Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please and these should be surface temps NOT ambient or air temps
PLease post a pic of the dragon and the tank please ---- NO colored bulbs No off white or yellowish bulbs

Vettobe14

Bearded Dragon Egg
E4EEDC2D-AC12-4BE0-B929-B0A9E9E10975.jpeg
So this is his tank he pretty much stays under where he is now. The basking temps have been around 84 at the lowest. On the cool side it’s at about 75 lowest. Both the lamps are outside the tank. Strip light is from early 2021 and I just changed out the basking bulb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 31021 So this is his tank he pretty much stays under where he is now. The basking temps have been around 84 at the lowest. On the cool side it’s at about 75 lowest. Both the lamps are outside the tank. Strip light is from early 2021 and I just changed out the basking bulb
Ok you have sent him into brumation state w/ basking temps at 84 that is a good temp for the cool side of the tank during the day temps for a adult dragon need to be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- the UVB placement and distance depends on the bulb and the screen tell me what exactly your using brand and bulb please and the screen is it a fine mesh or a wide hole type fine mesh would be like a screen door

Vettobe14

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok you have sent him into brumation state w/ basking temps at 84 that is a good temp for the cool side of the tank during the day temps for a adult dragon need to be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- the UVB placement and distance depends on the bulb and the screen tell me what exactly your using brand and bulb please and the screen is it a fine mesh or a wide hole type fine mesh would be like a screen door
I do have digital thermometers the stick one are not used when I’m taking temps. I have included both the pictures of the screen and the bulb I’m using.

Latest posts