• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is she gonna get better?

Cydnee

Bearded Dragon Egg
My dragon was very ill do to the wrong lighting and temps. We just fixed the lights a few days ago. And everyday she came out to bask and started to eat. But today she didn’t come out at all. I’m afraid that her bones got to weak due to lack of her vitamin powder we put on her bugs and uvb. Will her bones heal and get stronger over time? I’m super scared that she won’t ever be able to get back to full health. Just lmk if you know anything

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My dragon was very ill do to the wrong lighting and temps. We just fixed the lights a few days ago. And everyday she came out to bask and started to eat. But today she didn’t come out at all. I’m afraid that her bones got to weak due to lack of her vitamin powder we put on her bugs and uvb. Will her bones heal and get stronger over time? I’m super scared that she won’t ever be able to get back to full health. Just lmk if you know anything
How long was she without proper lights? IF it was less than a week then give her time to pop back, if it was longer , you’re probably gonna see negative affects, I recently watched a video by a guy on utube who rescued a beardie from below zero temps in an abandoned house with no lights etc. his utube “ animal guy” if ur curious ,can u get a pic of him laying down?

Cydnee

Bearded Dragon Egg
How long was she without proper lights? IF it was less than a week then give her time to pop back, if it was longer , you’re probably gonna see negative affects, I recently watched a video by a guy on utube who rescued a beardie from below zero temps in an abandoned house with no lights etc. his utube “ animal guy” if ur curious ,can u get a pic of him laying down?
Permanent negative effects? It was way longer then a week. And I don’t have pics of her laying down from recently

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Permanent negative effects? It was way longer then a week. And I don’t have pics of her laying down from recently
Im not a vet so i cant say “100% this will happen” how long exactly was the lizard without uvb and heat? Symptoms you could see , lethargy, unwillingness to eat or drink , a bad attitude, if its been a long time there could be signs of mbd (her spine will look rounded and her legs will be slightly locked up) its been said that mbd can be stopped and reversed with proper lighting and vitims but to what extent idk.

Cydnee

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im not a vet so i cant say “100% this will happen” how long exactly was the lizard without uvb and heat? Symptoms you could see , lethargy, unwillingness to eat or drink , a bad attitude, if its been a long time there could be signs of mbd (her spine will look rounded and her legs will be slightly locked up) its been said that mbd can be stopped and reversed with proper lighting and vitims but to what extent idk.
Ok, that’s good to hear. I’m not sure exactly how long she has been without proper lights. But we started seeing signs of a unhealthy lizard for only about 3 months ago. But now that she has proper lights she has started to bask, and eat

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you can, can you send a recent picture of her in. If it’s been that long she is sadly weak and may need some help to bounce back. I’d first get a scale to monitor her weight and see if or how much she is underweight. Next I’d get some organic baby food, butternut squash with chicken is a fan favourite for them and allows them to save energy by not needing to chew as much. You can add calcium powder and or vitamin powder when you give it to her. Try getting a feeding syringe and putting some on her nose and hopefully she has enough energy to lick it off her nose. If not you may have to force feed her. I also suggest to get some wax and or butter worms temporarily, while these are not staple foods at all beardies do love them and they are high in fat which will help her gain weight and hopefully feel better. If she did go that long without proper lighting she may have mbd, best way to test for this is to lightly press under her jaw if it feel like the your ear cartilage she has mbd if it feels like bone she does not. Of course I do suggest to take her to the vet if you think she isn’t doing well at all. Sadly there is only so much you can do sometimes without the help and knowledge of a vet. Hope she feels better

Latest posts