• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my vivarium big enough??

Kayleigh

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone. I'm a new BD owner, we have had him a week now and love him to bits. He is approx 2 years old and came with the vivarium. It measures 4ft by 2ft.....is that big enough?

Kayleigh

Bearded Dragon Egg
Aw that's great thanks! Iv got a digital thermometer at each end, hot end 102f and the cool is around 79f....is that alright for him?

Kayleigh

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got him from a private seller. He advertised saying he didn't have time to take care of him anymore. My boyfriend collected him and I was shocked when he got home. Viv smelt totally disgusting, not one bulb was even working and he looked malnourished and has got a slightly bent toe :( I took him straight to vets, thankfully no sign of bone disease, and hes had a poo sample done confirming he has worms so got medicine to help that bless him. Eating great, hasnt turned his nose up at anything yet.
Yeah hot temp was basking area.
The UVB is inside the tank attached to ceiling at the back. I'm a bit concerned about that aswell and was gona post about it because there is a shelf under the UVB which looks a little too close and I know he could def touch that bulb. Think i will have to remove that shelf and put something else there for him to climb and lounge on maybe?
Kayleigh.

Kayleigh

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought the exo terra full lighting kit. 10% uvb from the tube.

Attachments

• 7135658.jpg
    7135658.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 19

Kayleigh

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok thanks again! He doesnt have a night light I always turn all lights off at night. The man said the uvb bulb had blown not long ago and there wasnt a bulb in the basking lamp so not sure what his excuse was for that but either way is awful!
The daylight bulb is just regular light in tanks and yeah thermometers are probes.
Thanks for all your help and your tank is lovely.
Kayleigh.

Latest posts