• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my dragon obese?

joshua123

Hatchling Dragon
Can someone tell me if my dragon is obese/over weight?

ca87487f1803e3e6be5511325c6c1f4b.jpg

636fcd48114ea3655d895a1d94a26693.jpg

d58762cb93ce010203245dfb3d5ab0c5.jpg

Kazzy08

Hatchling Dragon
I would say yes. What's your feeding schedule? He/she needs a diet

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Kazzy08

Hatchling Dragon
I'd say you'd need to cut WAY back on supeworms. They should only be fed occasionally. Your dragon shouldn't be eating that much in insects. Try switching to dubia roaches, they are healthier.

joshua123

Hatchling Dragon
I'd say you'd need to cut WAY back on supeworms. They should only be fed occasionally. Your dragon shouldn't be eating that much in insects. Try switching to dubia roaches, they are healthier.

Other than Dubia what else? Can't find dubias here

Kazzy08

Hatchling Dragon
Until he/she looses some weight, I'd give crickets twice a week, and only however much he/she can eat in a 10-15 minute time period. Remove the rest.

Once the weight is back to normal, offer crickets once a day for a 10-15 minute time period.

joshua123

Hatchling Dragon
Until he/she looses some weight, I'd give crickets twice a week, and only however much he/she can eat in a 10-15 minute time period. Remove the rest.

Once the weight is back to normal, offer crickets once a day for a 10-15 minute time period.

So how do I know when my dragon is at his ideal weight?

Kazzy08

Hatchling Dragon
Honestly hard to really describe. Just look at pictures of adults that are at a healthy weight. It'll give you an idea of what he should look like.

Kazzy08

Hatchling Dragon
Mine is just a baby, so you couldn't base it off mine.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In my opinion he looks pretty good.. When they are up walking around their belly should not be dragging on the floor.. supers are high in fat so every couple of days is good..

Kazzy08

Hatchling Dragon
I'm seeing a fatty chin, it looks overweight to me?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm seeing a fatty chin, it looks overweight to me?

alot of them will get kinda saggy chins, it also looks like he/she's eating and they will often store food there before swallowing it.. But you are right some get really big fat chins and big fat pads kinda like dragon boobs lol and chubby legs...This dragon looks like a nice mature dragon that has the potential of being on the fat side soon..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Besides crickets and dubia you can feed worms silk worms, butterworms, phoenix worms, hornworms.

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm starting to worry Bayne is a bit obese? lol! Tim says he's not, but I think he's getting those fat pad things behind his arms. Let me see if I can find a couple pictures
35306ee99b77899e4014cb95dcf79d24.jpg
10bbbb609bcd5ee024727a594f5c978d.jpg

I guess I don't Have any recent ones of him standing. I will get some tomorrow since he's sleeping now.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bayne looks good in these pictures..

Latest posts