• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my beardie male or female?

bburdie

Bearded Dragon Egg
We had an iguana we named Alexander because we thought she was a boy. She was 2 years old and we had to get a certificate of health when traveling to Canada for work. That is when we found out she was a girl, the vet said with certainty. We left her name as Alexander and she lived 16 spoiled lizard years as our baby.

We got our first beardie ever about 5 weeks or so ago and are unsure of the age but thinking 3-4 months..9", 33g. Not a big deal but we'd like to know if we have a m or f before we are surprised with eggs one day! We used the flashlight method and are thinking boy but when blown up the pics look different so I am posting two pic that are the same only one is blown up and the other is smaller...perhaps the site adjust all pics to a certain size I don't know but I am aware they are both the same.

Attachments

• boy.girl1.PNG
    boy.girl1.PNG
    114.6 KB · Views: 8
  • boy.girl1b.PNG
    boy.girl1b.PNG
    8.1 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We had an iguana we named Alexander because we thought she was a boy. She was 2 years old and we had to get a certificate of health when traveling to Canada for work. That is when we found out she was a girl, the vet said with certainty. We left her name as Alexander and she lived 16 spoiled lizard years as our baby.

We got our first beardie ever about 5 weeks or so ago and are unsure of the age but thinking 3-4 months..9", 33g. Not a big deal but we'd like to know if we have a m or f before we are surprised with eggs one day! We used the flashlight method and are thinking boy but when blown up the pics look different so I am posting two pic that are the same only one is blown up and the other is smaller...perhaps the site adjust all pics to a certain size I don't know but I am aware they are both the same.
You would see two balls so to speak in the pic --- it is very hard to tell when they are so young - around 6 months you can post a pic of the vent area tail in the air on a flat surface like a kitchen table --

bburdie

Bearded Dragon Egg
You would see two balls so to speak in the pic --- it is very hard to tell when they are so young - around 6 months you can post a pic of the vent area tail in the air on a flat surface like a kitchen table --
TYVM :)

Latest posts