• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my beardie dead?

Arbitere14

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey, I am almost certain my bearded dragon passed today, but I want to confirm, as I am terrified to pronounce him dead when he is not. He appeared to be normal as I left the house this morning, but when I got home his beard was black, his eyes were half shut, his limbs felt stiff, he was not responsive to touch, and did not appear to be breathing. I flipped him on his back and he did not have any reaction to that either. He was only 4 years old, which is one of the reasons I am so concerned, and has acted completely normal until now. Any help with confirming would be appreciated.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, I am almost certain my bearded dragon passed today, but I want to confirm, as I am terrified to pronounce him dead when he is not. He appeared to be normal as I left the house this morning, but when I got home his beard was black, his eyes were half shut, his limbs felt stiff, he was not responsive to touch, and did not appear to be breathing. I flipped him on his back and he did not have any reaction to that either. He was only 4 years old, which is one of the reasons I am so concerned, and has acted completely normal until now. Any help with confirming would be appreciated.
I am so sorry to hear this - here are some signs for beardies that are dying
I dont know if this will help -
SIGNS THAT A BEARDED DRAGON IS DYING

• Their skin looks grey or dull looking – but they are not shedding.
  • They become lethargic, uninterested and unresponsive – but they are not in brumation.
  • They will stop eating.
  • The eyes appear sunken or droopy.
  • They may spend more time in the cool end.
  • If they are attempting to move they will may drag themselves along – This can be distressing to witness.
  • They appear to have “given up”.
  • Their breathing will become very shallow.

Latest posts