• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my bearded dragon stressed??

cherryfilters

Juvenile Dragon
So.. today steven finished her shed, unfortunately she pooped in her basking spot and was laying in her poop. I gave her a bath for 10 mins to have the poop cleaned off of her and all of a sudden after about an hour or so I noticed she turned super dark gray and her stress marks are showing. Could the water have been too warm for her because she was just out of shed? She is definitely in the cool side of her tank, still dark and avoiding any heat. I'm real worried and I hope I didn't do anything to hurt her.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you could put your hand in the water comfortably, it would not have been hot enough to do any damage. If this behavior continues for 3-4 days then you may have cause for concern. But because she is in a mood for a few hours or a day or 2 isn't.

cherryfilters

Juvenile Dragon
thanks germ, i'll update on her behavior if anything will not change. she seems to be doing better now that she's out of her viv. she's lightening up.

Latest posts