• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is it tail rot? Planning to go to the vet, what would that usually entail for treatment?

Cass

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little buddy Pippin appears to have tail rot. I'm not entirely sure if that's the case but it seems to fit the profile. The end of his tail is lumpier, darker than the upper end, and somewhat stiff, and he appears to have some form of lesioning on the underside of the tail. Pics below:
IMG_20210313_140302079.jpg

IMG_20210313_140947612.jpg

Obviously I'm going to set up an appointment with the vet because those lesions don't look normal. I just want a second opinion so I can ask the vet about it directly. If anyone thinks this is tail rot, and/or has experienced it with their beardie before, could you tell me what to expect for treatment?

Thanks in advance.

DragonBuddy

Bearded Dragon Egg
If it's tail for what you need to do if you can't make it to your vet right away go to shoppers or any drug store and get batadine and regular pollysprone what you are going to do it mix like two squirts into a cup and you want to use hot water but not too hot cause the beardies tail needs to soak in it but you want your mixture to look like tea then you are going to soak your beardies tail in it for able 15 mins every day take a towel and pat dry the tail take the pollysprone and put a little pea size dab on your finger and lightly coat the part of the tail you just had soaking this will treat tail for for quite some time but the sooner the better you get your buddy to the vets the better cause there is a nerve that is in the tail and it will hurt your beardie if it gets to that far

DragonBuddy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I honestly don't know how the vet would treat it i got lucky and the tail broke right where the tail rot was but I was using batadine and Polly for maybe 3 months and it controlled the tail rot. I did take my beardie to the vet finally and they checked out the tail and all they did was remove the broken part of the tail

Latest posts