• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

is it safe to use reptile sand for my beardie

nathan

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ive heard its not safe to use reptile sand when you have a baby beardie. mine is almost 13 inches long now, should i still worry about the sand clumping up in his belly? im using reptile carpet now and i notice his toe nails get hung up sometimes and i think sand would work better fore him. i just wanted fellow beardie owners to chime in with their opinions, thanks! nathan

Mountain Bearded Dragons

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I wouldn't use reptile sand because of impaction but other people may tell you other wise but honestly from point I wouldn't because you are running the risk of impaction. Also if there isn't no clumping I would be still worried of impaction but that's just me. So yea I hope I was help.

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i dont even consider it a risk to add sand of any kind i find it a direct hazard with the ammount of curiosity in bd's i never add particle substrate they love to lick everything so they would eat it one time or another

nathan

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok thanks, what else other than reptile carpet do people use in their beardie tanks?

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I use non-adhesive shelf liner (with no holes). You can buy the rolls from a lot of places like Walmart, Home Depot, and other places like that. Just cut it to fit whatever size you need and put it in, it's that simple ;)

Latest posts