• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is He ok? Abandoned Bearded Dragon

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
I am a dog walker and was recently asked to take care of a clients dogs while they are on vacation for the week. When I got to the house the first day I saw a small note asking if i could turn the bearded dragons lamps off at night and on in the morning. When discussing what was needed for the dogs previously the owners never mentioned a bearded dragon I was not given any instructions to feed or water the bearded dragon either. I took a look at him and noticed that he had no food or water and when I contact the owners they told me they had some carrots and lettuce I could give him if I wanted.

I ended up going to the store and getting him some butternut squash, collar greens, a bit of cilantro, some fresh lettuce and bell peppers. I have never had a Bearded dragon and I am not sure how much I should be giving him or if he’s in good or bad condition I would really love some advice on how to take care of him

View attachment 28451

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
I am a dog walker and was recently asked to take care of a clients dogs while they are on vacation for the week. When I got to the house the first day I saw a small note asking if i could turn the bearded dragons lamps off at night and on in the morning. When discussing what was needed for the dogs previously the owners never mentioned a bearded dragon I was not given any instructions to feed or water the bearded dragon either. I took a look at him and noticed that he had no food or water and when I contact the owners they told me they had some carrots and lettuce I could give him if I wanted.

I ended up going to the store and getting him some butternut squash, collar greens, a bit of cilantro, some fresh lettuce and bell peppers. I have never had a Bearded dragon and I am not sure how much I should be giving him or if he’s in good or bad condition I would really love some advice on how to take care of him

View attachment 28451
Seems like you know more about bearded dragons than the owner does lol. That is not a healthy bearded dragon. But awesome job on your selection with what you got from the store! Do you know how old he is? Might need some protein from crickets or Dubias too.

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
I don’t know if I can change his habit that drastically without the owner permission. There is a LOT of poop in his tank so he seems to not be backed up at least. I already spent more money on him
Then I am making for watching the dogs so I don’t really have the money to spend to get new lights for him.
Where are you located? Reason I'm asking is because if you're in a warm climate and can't get new lighting...taking him out into the sunlight will do wonders. I have mine out in the backyard right now as I'm writing this. But I'm in Las Vegas lol

Latest posts