• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

introducting lightning the super dragon!! :)

Wanda

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So, as mentioned in a few posts - we have a 12 week old Bearded dragon, that my boys named "Lightning the super dragon!"
IMG_0718.jpg

This is what he looks like - we have only had him for 4 days now.
IMG_0715.jpg
This was taken first thing in the morning after basking light was turned off....(should this actually go off at all?)

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My basking light is on for 14 hours a day, then turned off for the other ten. Ya know, like a day night schedule. In the wild, the sun isn't out 24/7 :)

Wanda

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh good....so we are doing that right atleast. :)

Does he look healthy? Or is he too thin? It worries me with all the stories about reptile stores, and the fact that he has been on sand for the last 5 days (stupid store recommendations!). Going to get somewhere and purchase stuff to change his tank tonight.....can anyone post pictures of ideal setup ideas??

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Not the best pic but this was Yoyo's viv when he was a baby. I used newspaper as substrate. I have it delivered here so I figured Id get my money out of it. I used a regular bulb in a dome for a basking spot and a tube reptisun 10.0 that spaned most of the tank. he had a branch that sat up close to the light so he could climb up where he wanted to be. I kept the decor simple because I was changing out paper a couple times a day. Hope this helps, Good luck!

DSCF0915.jpg

Wanda

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Could Lightnings issue be that he is not getting enough UV or direct basking heat? The lights are above him, but they are atleast 1- 1 1/2 feet away from him. His tank is warm....but with the UV that far, could this be why he is so sleepy??

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I could be. Babies like it pretty warm. Yoyo at that size liked a basking spot of about 112. He should be able to get closer to his uv light between 6-8 inches I think? I have my tanks set up so they can get about 8 inches from the light. Could you post a pic of your set up maybe we can give you some pointers.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Very nice Dragon you've got there.

Just something I picked up, you said that the Basking Light got turned off first thing in the morning. I run my Basking Light and UVB from 06h00 to 20h00 and turn them off from 20h00 to 06h00. This simulates day and night. If you are turning the Basking Light off in the morning and on at night, then your dragon is being exposed to continuous simulated daylight.

Please forgive me if I have understood the initial post wrongly.

And a very big warm welcome to the family here on the Forum.

Latest posts