• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing the male into the female's enclosure

spe3de3

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi..

I have a female that's about 2 years old, and I have her in a 55 gallon terrarium. I am interested in bringing a male into the terrarium to mate and make them a couple.

Could someone please advise if this is okay to do, and if there is anything recommended?

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi..

I have a female that's about 2 years old, and I have her in a 55 gallon terrarium. I am interested in bringing a male into the terrarium to mate and make them a couple.

Could someone please advise if this is okay to do, and if there is anything recommended?
I am not 100% sure but if you want to breed them I would recommend them being around the same age. Don’t straight away put them in the same cage. They could fight and try too kill one another. Slowly ease your way into getting to know them and don’t rush it. You must have patients. Watch them for the next few days and make sure they are getting along. You might want to get a bigger cage so they can have space and room to hunt without being bothered. I would recommend a 75 gallon tank if you have 2 bearded dragons

Latest posts