• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Inrtoducing harnesses

Annalisawaba

Bearded Dragon Egg
Opie is gettin big enough and I want to introduce harnesses and a leashes for our pet store outings .. and maybe a cruise to visit my grandpa sometime while we still have warmer weather ... anyone have any hints, tricks or advice to help make it a easier transition .. or just ur thoughts bout it would be helpful :) opie and i appreciate it :) she does awesome with shoulder sitting and does super awesome when we walk around the house with other kids and noise and doesnt freak out at all so I'm hoping she accepts the harness without a huge panic attack :)

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Opie is gettin big enough and I want to introduce harnesses and a leashes for our pet store outings .. and maybe a cruise to visit my grandpa sometime while we still have warmer weather ... anyone have any hints, tricks or advice to help make it a easier transition .. or just ur thoughts bout it would be helpful :) opie and i appreciate it :) she does awesome with shoulder sitting and does super awesome when we walk around the house with other kids and noise and doesnt freak out at all so I'm hoping she accepts the harness without a huge panic attack :)
You have to slowly introduce it. They are known as the easiest to leash train. So don’t go putting it on him and take him in long walks right away. Sounds like you are doing good! Good luck!

Annalisawaba

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks i appreciate any kinda advice, hint, tricks :) patience is definitely something needed ... she does great with shoulder time and outside noises, my kids and 2 cats .. shes very used to all that I just didnt want to get her freaked out with something on her that limits her distance ya know .. baby steps we're learning together opie and I ...

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Try putting it on her for a few minutes each time while she's sitting on your shoulder or while you're holding her. That way she feels more secure while this new thing is happening. Slowly increase the time she has it on. When she doesn't seem bothered by it at all, try putting her down on the floor and see how she does. Where she's grown accustomed to it gradually you probably won't have an issue. This is what I plan on doing for Dex when he's old enough to start leash training. :)

Latest posts