• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Impaction

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I finally made it to the hardware store and got some ceramic tile. I’m removing the soil,sand,moss mixture. I’m doing a sort of makeover of my terrarium. With the tile it’s going to be much more sanitary. Easier to do poop removal. Is this tile okay? Thanks
View attachment 28708
Does it have some texture to it? You dont want real smooth tile it will be too slippery for him to walk on it and the texture will keep the nails down as well

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Does it have some texture to it? You dont want real smooth tile it will be too slippery for him to walk on it and the texture will keep the nails down as well
It’s definitely not as slippery as the floor of the Zen Habitats. It’s more like an extremely mild sandpaper.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
After about a week maybe longer she finally pooped. Not a healthy poop. Still watery. When she was pooping I noticed she was breathing heavily.
99181FF6-80CA-4B95-B9DB-4DA0AFC0DF9F.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
After about a week maybe longer she finally pooped. Not a healthy poop. Still watery. When she was pooping I noticed she was breathing heavily. View attachment 28725
Ok the texture should be fine then --- shes not impacted - and the watery poop shes not dehydrated either - so you dont need to feed the pumpkin but she needs greens - offer the BSFL on a greens salad along w/ 2 silk worms dont slice them you want them moving they stick to everything - lure her to that salad bowl - mustard collard turnip and kale --- add some cut up squash maybe some raw shredded sweet potato those are good for keeping them regular - put the BSFL on top make sure she sees you do this and see if you cant get her to that bowl - feed first thing in the morning --dubia roaches work real good as they will stay in the bowl when small-medium - as they get to be the bigger roach I cant keep them in it

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok the texture should be fine then --- shes not impacted - and the watery poop shes not dehydrated either - so you dont need to feed the pumpkin but she needs greens - offer the BSFL on a greens salad along w/ 2 silk worms dont slice them you want them moving they stick to everything - lure her to that salad bowl - mustard collard turnip and kale --- add some cut up squash maybe some raw shredded sweet potato those are good for keeping them regular - put the BSFL on top make sure she sees you do this and see if you cant get her to that bowl - feed first thing in the morning --dubia roaches work real good as they will stay in the bowl when small-medium - as they get to be the bigger roach I cant keep them in it
I can’t get her to eat silk worms or salads/greens although for the first time in months she ate cactus mixed with bee pollen yesterday. I’ll try the other veggies again. Not sure what the outcome will be. I’ve tried bsfl with all different kinds of veggies and she totally avoids the salads, only eats the bsfl. Thanks much

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hello, are there foods I could mash and feed her with a syringe or is using a syringe last resort.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hello, are there foods I could mash and feed her with a syringe or is using a syringe last resort.
You can get some Repta boost or all the greens from the website http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale thing - make sure you add some water for hydration --- try the repta boost first - I would feed syringe last resort https://www.chewy.com/flukers-repta...MIodDl2b-h8gIV5Al9Ch2BlAD8EAQYASABEgI1QvD_BwE
Are you keeping track of her weight ? If not start - kitchen food scale weigh in grams - cactus mixed with bee pollen yesterday. What kind of cactus? Prickly pear? That is a good staple if shes eating that and the bee pollen I would stick w/ that --- Keep adding a little of the other greens w/ the cactus and bee pollen - repta boost and syringe feeding is the last resort --- what insects is she eating?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Here’s a vid of her pooping.
You can get some Repta boost or all the greens from the website http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale thing - make sure you add some water for hydration --- try the repta boost first - I would feed syringe last resort https://www.chewy.com/flukers-repta-boost/dp/126176?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=f&utm_content=Fluker's&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIodDl2b-h8gIV5Al9Ch2BlAD8EAQYASABEgI1QvD_BwE
Are you keeping track of her weight ? If not start - kitchen food scale weigh in grams - cactus mixed with bee pollen yesterday. What kind of cactus? Prickly pear? That is a good staple if shes eating that and the bee pollen I would stick w/ that --- Keep adding a little of the other greens w/ the cactus and bee pollen - repta boost and syringe feeding is the last resort --- what insects is she eating?
Yes, prickly pear. She started eating silk worms again yesterday. She ate cactus for the second time in four days today as well. And she pooped for the second time in a week. Though still watery.
In the pic below under her tail you can see her anus swells up when she poops. Is this normal?thanks
69FD5F64-9F03-43D0-919A-4EB0CB19DFE3.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here’s a vid of her pooping.

Yes, prickly pear. She started eating silk worms again yesterday. She ate cactus for the second time in four days today as well. And she pooped for the second time in a week. Though still watery.
In the pic below under her tail you can see her anus swells up when she poops. Is this normal?thanksView attachment 28753
Does the swelling go back down after pooping? The extra water is good she's hydrated- the prickly pear is a good staple-

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Good news. Her poop made progress. Not as watery but not as solid as it should be. Definitely clumpier though. In the pic below what’s the red part of the poop?
04EE9551-0A08-460D-B488-526054489D80.jpeg

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Her poop is pretty stanky. But it was a big poop. I’ll be bringing it in for a fecal tomorrow.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nothing red. Just prickly cactus with bee pollen, silk and phoenix worms. The occasional superworm.
Ok what supplements? Watch next poop-- if there is more red I am gonna get some help on that---- poop is real stinky? If that's the case next poop take it to a vet for parasite check--- www.arav.org. Drop the fecal off -

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok what supplements? Watch next poop-- if there is more red I am gonna get some help on that---- poop is real stinky? If that's the case next poop take it to a vet for parasite check--- www.arav.org. Drop the fecal off -
I was feeding her miner-all with crickets but she stopped eating crickets and I haven’t given her mineral ever since. Yes, poop is stinky but I’m not sure what a healthy poop should smell like. I’ll definitely be bringing in a fecal tomorrow. thanks

Latest posts