• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

[IMG]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx132/monature/100_1835.jpg[/IMG]

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
still not working, you did the full web address, dont include the http://

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here it is. You had the right code just put it in the wrong spot. Put it where you type and it will show the picture
100_1835.jpg

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Staylor...you beat me to the punch, lol!
Staylor is right...don't put the codes in the subject line...put it right here. Also, there is a preview button right below this box...that way you can see what you posted.

Nice beardie. Looks great. How old is Spike?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nice dragon though I fear a lot of that color may be stains from the red calci sand which is really a bad substrate for dragons. If you want to use sand you should use sifted childrens play sand. It is the "safest" as it doesn't clump when wet like calci sand does (calci sand basically turns into a concrete like substance when accidentally ingested)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
nice dragon though I fear a lot of that color may be stains from the red calci sand which is really a bad substrate for dragons. If you want to use sand you should use sifted childrens play sand. It is the "safest" as it doesn't clump when wet like calci sand does (calci sand basically turns into a concrete like substance when accidentally ingested)

Completely agree with this statement.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oscar's prior owner had him on that red sand and it still has him stained red. I am having to wait for him to shed it off. And it sure does "brick" up. I had to break it up to get it out of his viv. Tile is a good substrate, easy to clean, can not be ingested, and a one time cost of about $14-20 depending on the tile you pick.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it stains the way it does and clumps in the tank the way it does, can you imagine what it can do inside a beardie.

If you can't make a decision as to what substrate you would prefer, that isn't such a big deal. But I would highly suggest taking what you have in there out and even just putting down paper towels for now.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Aw, he looks a little like Loki after a shed. :p (Loki's not stained, he's on sand, haha)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
valkyrja said:
Aw, he looks a little like Loki after a shed. :p (Loki's not stained, he's on sand, haha)
What kind of sand? Regular play sand or calcisand?

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Spike is almost 11 months old, he is the difficult one. Very picky, problem child (I'm sure alot of you can relate). Stopped eating about 3 months ago, lost weight, just kept running aroung cage, head bobbing. Scared me to death, took him to vet expecting to hear the worst, but was told he wanted HIS female, Lizzie. I wanted to crawl under the table, I was really embarrassed I missed that one. Had to move his set up to the other end of the house so he would calm down. Vet told me his weight was great, but compared to Lizzie he looked skinny.
Lizzie is about 10 months old and a sweet baby girl

Thay are both on repitle sand as of right now

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
li said:
valkyrja said:
What kind of sand? Regular play sand or calcisand?

Oops! Total typo there. I meant to say "he's NOT on sand." Loki's quite happy with his tiles, haha.

Latest posts