• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

im not sure?

raigan_lizz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey everbody i havent been on for ages and i was just wondering how long beardies live for?

thanks for all your help

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are reports of longevity up to the high teens in age...
However when you do the average... it's around 8 years.. most people don't have the right husbandry... an effort to work towards by educating those, who others come to when issues arise... the problem with that, is how many people "claim" to know all there is about husbandry and care... to much variances.
Janie

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Guys (bit of a hi-jack sorry raigan)

So what do people expect their dragon to live up to?
I am not asking about cutesy littles answers like forever or any of that stuff?
At what age by YOUR own personal standards based on your knowledge and care would you expect your dragons to live till?
At what age will you say, "I gave my dragon a good life and it was just time to go, I have no regrets in the care i have given it"?

Bit of self reflection here.

raigan_lizz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
okay thanks for all your help.i think that my beardie will live to about 9 years of age.because somtimes i forget to feed him vegies but thats only like hardly ever but yer thankyou for all help.
bye for now raigan

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I also expect mine to live 10+. I know some things will be out of my control but I listen very carefully to what the pros say and make adjustments accordingly. I think I would be devastated if they pasted sooner.

Latest posts