• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Im losing my dog

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:'(
well its taken a lot of talking myself into it buy me and my wife have decided we are letting my dog Charlie go. The man we rent our home from drafted up a new rental agreement for the home that we are in. He allows for pets (excluding dogs of any size). I had a choice of finding a new place to live or rehoming my Charlie. Unfortunately i do not have the ability to move at the moment so i have to give my dog a new home. I have his prospective new parents coming over tonight to sit down with me and my wife and charlie for a "interview" of sorts. Then we will be heading out to their home to make sure everything is good to go and up to my standards for him. Then i will be puppyless. It really hurts to lose him but i know im doing the right thing by him. They even have a fenced in back yard so he wont have to be on a chain any longer. :'(

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry to hear about Charlie. Having dogs in my life, it is hard and as with any pet they are part of the family. Glad to hear you are doing due diligence with finding him a new home. there are a lot of bad people out there. I knew someone who would save a dog from the pound to find a good home for him/her. One time it did not have a happy ending. Just be cautious.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thank you for your kind words renee. that is why i am being so anal on the interview process i have turned away two couples already cause they wanted to breed him. To make some kind of designer breed that is new cause he was a accident by the people i got him from. he is a Chihuhua/boxer mix (that poor chihuahua she lived but barely).

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Charlie left home a few hours ago me and my wife are taking it pretty hard but he is at a better home than even we were able to provide. the people were great and charlie took to them quickly. i miss him so much. it seems like there is a big emptyness in the house now.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hang in there. Keep on the positive. Like you said, it is a better home than you could have provided him. We have to do the best for our kids.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I am so sorry...I have been through this but with 3 dogs...still to painful to talk about and brings tears to my eyes still to this day...

Hang strong....stay close to your wife and if you must cry...then do so...because down the road it may be harder...

You are in our thoughts.

Take Care
Laurie

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
aw, sorry to hear about your dog. i think your landlord sucks! how could he change it up while you have been living there!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thats what happens when your contract is out and you are told to sign the new one or move out in 30 days (and it was legal to do that cause we didnt have a month by month agreement at the end of the year)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i really miss Charlie.
i didnt realize how much i like him being annoying as possible when i got home from work each day.
this sucks. :'(
Im pretty sure Dr. evil wondered why i help him on the couch for so long yesterday lol. my spikey substitue for my cuddly dog 8)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:'( I'm so sorry. I wish I could come up with something to make you feel better. I've never had to experience what you are going through. Only the horrible decision of putting 2 dogs down. That was very difficult for me. I'm of the mentality that we should all pass on our own with no assistance.

I guess what I am trying to say is that keep on the positive and realize that Charlie is in a good home being well taken care of. Maybe you can give the folks who took him in a ring to check on him?

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Dam dude.........that sucks so bad. Reptiles are great, but nothing is like a dog. Do you have any pics of him?

Latest posts