• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm a newbie with health questions is my baby ok

Mackinley17

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry I posted 2 I don't know how to use this quite yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if you could copy and paste, I would be glad to try to help you - don't much care for links (kinda not so good at that) but I would be happy to assist if you can post your questions here

Mackinley17

Bearded Dragon Egg
if you could copy and paste, I would be glad to try to help you - don't much care for links (kinda not so good at that) but I would be happy to assist if you can post your questions here
Hi I just got my beardie Nova a week ago and I have a few questions/worries
Her poop is just a little smooshy

She ate a ton of mealworms yesterday and pooped like 5 times but also threw back up 3 mealworms and today she wouldn't eat is she ok

I just found out mealworms are bad for her is she gonna be okay I just got some more krickets and some phoenix worms for her

It looks like she's just licking her pellets she hasn't really eaten any and she won't eat any veggies but she's only 8 inches

I think she's shedding but am not for sure how do I know

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok - so you already know that mealworms may not be the best. how old is your baby? did i see another post from you? i try to answer the posts which have the fewest answers - i dont need to be repeating what others have already said. She probably puked cuz she ate too much! yes - that can happen. you might have to feed her a bit less. pellets? ok - i dont generally recommend them, in a pinch - ok, but real food is much betterer, please. veggies - little kiddos arent so much into veggies - they go after the protein to feed their growing bodies. Keep offering veggies - eventually she will eat on em. my 2 go in cycles with their veggies. my boy is about 4 and my girl is about 6. i think. maybe. he's high energy. she's pretty docile. unless i bring out the food dish. i have a plastic container into which i throw some calcium. then the bugs. the bugs get coated with the calcium or vitamin and the kids get to eat the bugs. they go nuts. veggies? i offer daily. sometimes they eat them, sometimes they dont. sometimes they'll gobble up the arugula and then wont touch it for days. or they may eat the blueberries but not the mustard greens. or vice versa. Shedding? the "skin" gets lighter in colour than the rest of the body. And - the entire body wont shed at once. My girl is currently going through a shed. front right leg. then part of her belly. and the back of her head is getting quite light. and one rear leg. sometimes when they are shedding they like a warm bath. DO NOT LEAVE HER UNATTENDED. If you havent given her a bath before - just enough water to get up to her chest. she may like it. she may not. my little boy will fight to get out one minute then have his head under swimming like a fish the next. silly kids! they are very resilient creatures. you will make mistakes. (we all did / do) we are here. dont panic. enjoy the journey !!

Mackinley17

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much that helped alot it's nice to know i have people like u to help me out

Latest posts