• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

honksbonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve officially had Honk for a week - I’ve barely touched him aside from trying to move him so i can clean up his enclosure and things along the lines of that - however, today I tried to take him outside for a little bit to get some real uvb and he freaked out. He’s been running from my hand every time i come near him but I didn’t know it was this bad. He spent the entire time outside in the plastic tub trying to escape. I had to hold him firmly and cover his eyes to stop him from struggling to get him inside, and then i let him in his cage and now he’s glaring at me and he looks like he really hates me. I know it takes time for them to get used to you, but I’m afraid he never will.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve officially had Honk for a week - I’ve barely touched him aside from trying to move him so i can clean up his enclosure and things along the lines of that - however, today I tried to take him outside for a little bit to get some real uvb and he freaked out. He’s been running from my hand every time i come near him but I didn’t know it was this bad. He spent the entire time outside in the plastic tub trying to escape. I had to hold him firmly and cover his eyes to stop him from struggling to get him inside, and then i let him in his cage and now he’s glaring at me and he looks like he really hates me. I know it takes time for them to get used to you, but I’m afraid he never will.
He will he needs to be hand tamed and lean to trust -- you need to work w/ him everyday - get your hands in the tank as much as you can -- put a piece of clothing or a fleece blanket inside his hide so he gets used to your smell -- approach from the side not over head they have 3rd eye for predators -- hand feed him some BSFL every morning before serving him his salads --

Latest posts