• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i need to know tank size. . .

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i have a baby beardie in a 55 gallon tank and i know thats fine for awhile since he is only 6 1/2 inches long but friday im getting a 12-14 inch beardie from a ladie who needs it gone and she is just giving it to me and i wanted to know what tank size is ok for the beardie that big.... is a tank that is 44 inches long and 18 inches wide and 20 inches high big enough or do i need to get/make another tank ((both beardies will be in seprate tanks)) thanks

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would swap the two if you can clean out the enclosures so nothing is transmitted between them. It will be easier to keep the smaller tank warmer for the younger dragon. The older one will appreciate the additional space too.
Good luck and good on you for adopting a dragon in need :)

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
thats what i was going to do is put the bigger dragon in the big tank ((its like a 55 gallon)) or 44x18x20 that i made so it would fit on my dresser and put my baby in the 20 gallon tank i have sitting here that the baby used to be in... but i just wanted to make sure that is enough room for the big beardie that im getting...... and thanks ive been wanting a big beardie im so excited i wish it was friday

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Be sure to come back and post photos and introduce your new dragon!!

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
o i will im not going to sleep for the next couple of weeks and take lots pictures of him.... 1 more question i have is in the tank i see a lot of people have "empty" tanks compared to other animals.... like frogs or other lizards have all these plants and hides and a lot of stuff but when i look at big beardies tanks they just have tile/sand and a basking spot and on the other side a brick to hang out on is there a reason for that or can you have branches to climb and rocks hides... like more then 2 things in the tank??? if you get what im saying ha

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i would keep the baby in the 55. a 55 gallon tank only has 4 square feet of floor space and the other has 5 1/2 square feet of floor space. Also the 55 gallon is only 12" wide and the beardie you will get will be that wide so u want a wider tank for him. just my opinion. 55 gallon tanks are for fish not herps...

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i have my baby beardie in a regular 55 gallon tank for his first year and despite what people say. I really believe that he will be fine in their his first year after that i plan on building his enclosure i mean he is only a baby now i think that building his viv right now would be pointless for me but for your bearide i would get a bigger one for him or build him seeing how he is bigger

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
josh i get what your saying but i disagree with the fish tank bc its cheaper and it hold humity better bc it's thicker glass and its made to hold water also it holds in heat better bc of the thicker glass and for a small reptile it works perfect but i see what your saying tho....

Spikeleebd i only and going to have my beardie in its cage at night mostly durning the day it can move around my room as much as he wants but still be able to get back into his cage for heat.... the people im getting him from always did that and he love it

Latest posts