• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I NEED HELP!!!!!

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
okay, so this morning at 11:20 my beardie pooed. his lights come on @ 9, i wait till 11:30-12 2 feed him his morning salad. but when he pooed, i noticed it almost looked like blood in it!!!! the 2 red spots weren't runny, neither wuz his poo. it wuz normal, just had 2 spots in it that were red in color. i haven't changed his diet at all, except a few days ago, let him try some watermelon & green squash. but that wudnt cause this, i don't believe. his temps are normal, everything is the same as it always has been. he's bout 2 shed, so he's been a lil crabby, but that's all. this is scaring me!!!!! i don't have the money 2 take him 2 the vet right now, which makes me feel even worse of a mommy!!!! i tried 2 take pics, but 4 some reason my camera w/or w/out the flash just wudnt take a clear pic of it! but plz help me if ne1 has had this problem or thinks they may kno wut it is!!!!!!!!!
004.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The pics aren't very clear, but looks like undigested food to me, the loose consistency could be attributed to feeding the watermelon. Has there been anything red in it's diet recently other than the watermelon? I wouldn't worry too much until you can get a look at a second Poop to give an idea if it's an ongoing issue. It wouldn't hurt to bump up it's temps a few degrees, which should be done whenever a BD is ill anyway.

Try & get some clearer pics if you can.

Good Luck.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
okay thank u so much germ!!!!! the only red food he has had recently wud be the watermelon & the red tint 2 the superworms. but he's been eating superworms 4 a good month now & never seen the red color in his stool. it's been raining here on & off 4 the past 3 days now & we've had the windows open, so the temp on the warm side of his viv right now is 108. i'll keep an eye on his poo over the next week & see how it goes.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The pics aren't very clear, but looks like undigested food to me, the loose consistency could be attributed to feeding the watermelon. Has there been anything red in it's diet recently other than the watermelon? I wouldn't worry too much until you can get a look at a second Poop to give an idea if it's an ongoing issue. It wouldn't hurt to bump up it's temps a few degrees, which should be done whenever a BD is ill anyway.

Try & get some clearer pics if you can.

Good Luck.
Betcha it's watermelon :) that was my first thought on the first pic anyway.

jeremy green

Hatchling Dragon
Yes some of the food consitency looks undigested. My advice would be to lessen the amount of watermelon and see if its feces changes.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
yup, it must have been the watermelon, bcuz everything has been fine now. poo has been normal & he's shedding as we speak! thank goodness!!!! & jeremy green, i only fed him watermelon that 1 time, 4 a treat, it's not something i do on a daily basis.