• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i need help :(

stef

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
alfie my dragon has stopped eating everything and i mean everything.. i dont know how hes still alive...hes not ate for about 2 months now...he just totally stopped...hes still bright eyed and looks well but he wont move about like he did...he just sits there all day long...hes just turned one year old..all his temps and lights are all the same from when i first got him...hed eat like a horse...but now nothing..all veg,mealworms,crickets are all ignored...whats wrong with him :(

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
There are many reasons for them to stop eating from brumation to semi brumation, parasites, temps, UVB and deficiencies etc..........

..all his temps and lights are all the same from when i first got him

How old is the UVB?
What brand and type is it?
What distance is it from him?

he just sits there all day long

Where? Cool side? Basking side?

I see youre feeding mealies, they arent recommended as theyre not healthy feeders, more chittin which is hard for the dragon to digest and no real nutritional value. Have you tried other feeders as a LOT of beardies tend to get bored of cricks?

When was his last poop? Was it normal?

Also have a fecal done to rule out any and all parasites. Letting a dragon brumate/semi brumate with parasites can be deadly.

stef

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
There are many reasons for them to stop eating from brumation to semi brumation, parasites, temps, UVB and deficiencies etc..........

how would i know if he has parasites?

How old is the UVB?
What brand and type is it?
What distance is it from him?

Where? Cool side? Basking side?

I see youre feeding mealies, they arent recommended as theyre not healthy feeders, more chittin which is hard for the dragon to digest and no real nutritional value. Have you tried other feeders as a LOT of beardies tend to get bored of cricks?

When was his last poop? Was it normal?

Also have a fecal done to rule out any and all parasites. Letting a dragon brumate/semi brumate with parasites can be deadly.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

You can take a sample of poop to the vet and have it tested. They will give you some medicine to get rid of them if he does have them.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Please answer all my questions se we can assess the situation better and maybe help

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
i would most definately take your beardie to a vet. & another friendly word of advice, order some phoenix worms for your beardie. they literally do wonders! guarantee it in no time your beardie will be alert, happy & healthy as ever in a few days! they're suppose to even be able to reverse MBD!!!! just tried some on my beardie last month & the lil worms are amazing!!!! the perfect calcium to phospherous ratio! just go do some research on 'phoenix worms,' it won't be a waste of your time, trust me!

peachiest

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't know if this is something you've already considered but one of my babies had pin worms and totally stopped eating. Sucky thing is that it is pretty tough to get a fecal sample when they aren't eating. I would take him to the vet. My little guy started eating a little the first day of his medication. Good luck. :)

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
they're suppose to even be able to reverse MBD​

Sorry but this is the 2nd post youve said this in. MBD can NOT be reversed. It can be stopped from developing further and the symptoms can be lessened by liquid calcium and propper diet. But it cant be reversed. Once the bones have misformed it stays that way

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
ooooh i apologize, let me correct myself: phoenix worms can greatly help in fighting against MBD & are a great aid for your dragon's health! :)

Reactions: P

stef

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i would most definately take your beardie to a vet. & another friendly word of advice, order some phoenix worms for your beardie. they literally do wonders! guarantee it in no time your beardie will be alert, happy & healthy as ever in a few days! they're suppose to even be able to reverse MBD!!!! just tried some on my beardie last month & the lil worms are amazing!!!! the perfect calcium to phospherous ratio! just go do some research on 'phoenix worms,' it won't be a waste of your time, trust me!
ty jessica..where do i get these from???

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
u can get em from 'phoenixworms.com' it'll come out 2 a total of $11 & some change for around 100. the large 1's aren't even very big, bout as long as a penny, so you can order large ones. they even send u a pamphlet including info as well! there will be a couple darker grey worms in there, but don't freak, those are the older worms, ready 2 morph in2 a fly...so be sure 2 feed those 1's first! they come in some kind of grain matter(which is wut they eat), just dust it off as good as possible before feeding 2 ur dragon....hope they help ur beardie get 2 eating again!!!!

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If you want to, you can try reptiworms too. They are the same thing as pheonix worms but cheaper. I get mine from www.reptiworms.com. If you are friends with them on Facebook then you can get a code to use on their website for 20% off ;)

stef

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
u can get em from 'phoenixworms.com' it'll come out 2 a total of $11 & some change for around 100. the large 1's aren't even very big, bout as long as a penny, so you can order large ones. they even send u a pamphlet including info as well! there will be a couple darker grey worms in there, but don't freak, those are the older worms, ready 2 morph in2 a fly...so be sure 2 feed those 1's first! they come in some kind of grain matter(which is wut they eat), just dust it off as good as possible before feeding 2 ur dragon....hope they help ur beardie get 2 eating again!!!!
ty jessica.. i bought a pack of 8 hoppers and hes aten 5 in the last week so thats a good sign..he wont touch the veg at all though i think hes just a fussy criter..im gonna take him to a vet as soon as i can afford it..id of been real panicing but hes not lost no weight at all which i find odd..i think i can get these superworms near home:)..im in the uk

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
ur welcome stef. might not be losing weight because dragons tend 2 store lots of fat(mostly in their tails)! glad 2 hear ur beardie is eating some, like i said try the phoenix worms out, my dragon LOOOOVES em!!!! plus like i said, they're gr8 4 their health :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it still staying in the same spot the majority of the time? This ? has been previously asked, I may have missed the answer but, Is it on the hot side or cool side?

It sounds like it could very well be in it's version of Brumation. My 2 females brumate that way, find a perch, generally on the cooler side & that's where they stay, eyes open during the day, aware of their surroundings, but no other movement for days to months.

Latest posts