• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So do bearded dragon's beard normally move when they breathe?
Post a video of him doing this- I am thinking not - they can puff them up that could relate to shedding- they are stretching them out when shed is coming on -

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Post a video of him doing this- I am thinking not - they can puff them up that could relate to shedding- they are stretching them out when shed is coming on -
his beard slightly moved when he breaths but sometimes it's more violent especially after he eats. he exhaled and his beard grows big then he inhaled and the beard shrink. it's like he is hyperventilating or something.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
his beard slightly moved when he breaths but sometimes it's more violent especially after he eats. he exhaled and his beard grows big then he inhaled and the beard shrink. it's like he is hyperventilating or something.
I don't see him doing anything - we can have Tracie look
@Drache613

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
I don't see him doing anything - we can have Tracie look
@Drache613
yeah his breaths just get heavy and he starts taking deep quick breaths. he still isn't interested in any bugs but he is eating greens more often and pooping more often. He also hasn't basked since he got into this state so i'm not sure what is wrong

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah his breaths just get heavy and he starts taking deep quick breaths. he still isn't interested in any bugs but he is eating greens more often and pooping more often. He also hasn't basked since he got into this state so i'm not sure what is wrong
Did you get the digital probes to get actual basking temps?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes. his temps at 95-100 in basking area . he is still making a clicking noise when i hold him up to my ear.
Ok we still need Tracie to watch video--- you may want to get him into a reptile vet and have them do X rays to see if there is fluid on the lungs- www.arav.org if your in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code -- they will need to prescribe antibiotics or maybe even a nebulizer for him --- but Tracie can help more w/ that better than I
@Drache613

Latest posts