• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need a new Background, help please.

Labruin14

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I have a 75 gallon glass tank that I put a black background around all the edges so that just the front is showing. My problem is that my Male bearded dragon can see his reflection and thinks its another Beardi and attacks himself sometimes. I also have a smaller tank that he grew up in that has a lifelike plants background. In that tank he tries to jump on some of the plants and keeps falling, so I don't think a lifelike background will help. Any thoughts on what to do? Should I just put the black construction paper background on the inside of the glass? Or should I make some kind of rock like background out of some material?

Jon Macintosh

Juvenile Dragon
Labruin,

I wouldn't advise putting the construction paper on the inside - I've come across a few stories of dragons attempting to climb up it, tearing it with their claws, and accidentally eating strips of the paper.

If you're looking for some sort of custom rock background to make yourself then you should definitely visit http://www.lizard-landscapes.com/!

I first stumbled across them via this forum and they have amazing and simple>complex tutorials.

Enjoy!

-JM

Latest posts