• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I have a concern

caseyseitz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Today I was holding Xander and he pooped on me. It isnt a big deal really but it was runny. Is there something wrong with him? Should I be worried?

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Depends, it could be due to great hydration, or it could be cocidia....more than likely it's due to a well hydrated dragon, but if it smells like you'd rather run away and bury your head under ground maybe it'd be worth a vet visit for a fecal analysis.

Was the poop solid? Just a lot of liquid? Or was the brown all puddle and smelled likeep terror?

caseyseitz

Bearded Dragon Egg
it was a little solid and a little watery. It was brown ( or green. I couldnt tell) and it stunk bad. But It always has.

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
it was a little solid and a little watery. It was brown ( or green. I couldnt tell) and it stunk bad. But It always has.

Just for the sake of being on the safe side I would schedule a fecal test...worst case scenario you pay some cash and find out he's just super hydrated and ok, worst case you get some mess to clear up any parasites he has.

caseyseitz

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok. I dont know of any reptile vets here. I dont drive and I am disabled. I dont know what to do now

caseyseitz

Bearded Dragon Egg
well his poop was normal when he pooped on me today. i guess it is nothing but a worried mama. he is finally shedding his skin... yay

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If the poop stinks I would have it tested. My rescue Dolly had very stinky poop, so bad that she would smell after I cleaned it up. It was formed but lots of water in it so I just assumed she was well hydrated. I had it tested and she had pinworms. We treated it and she is fine now. Poop is perfectly formed, not a lot of extra liquid and doesn't smell.

Latest posts