• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I feel like my tanks kinda empty

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I used zip ties to get it to hang on the other side of my tank lid that's why to germ I'm not sure how else I can get it closer I even put a platform under the UVB and she does bask there if not on her log closer to the basking area

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358107416.450607.jpg

There now I have a fixture so she can get right near the UVB is that what you were meaning germ? Cause I like this fixture I really don't want to buy a UVA UVB bulb I like have the two fixtures plus the heat lamp

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It should be over the Basking spot along side the heat Bulb, not at the other end on the cool side. The Basking spot should be raised if needed to get it close enough for the UVB to be effective, then use a proper strength heat bulb to provide the right temps at that distance. We all have to play with different wattages & types of bulbs to suit/work in our particular setups & normal daytime ambient room temp.

It now appears that you have one spot for a hot basking spot & one for UVB ... They should be both one & the same spot. I'm sure that I have posted this example enclosure to you before, it shows what is meant for bulb placement. Set up properly, you should only need 2 fixtures, not 3, one for heat & one for UVB. I would not recommend an MVB in a 40 Gal at all.

Example of a Basic Setup: Showing the recommended Basic requirements, proper Temperatures & the points at which they should be measured from, in Red & the optional choices that are actually used in this particular example enclosure, in Black.​

BDsetup-1.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear that you have separated your BDs
icon_thumright-1.gif
. It was the best/smart thing to do for their sake.

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Glad to hear that you have separated your BDs
icon_thumright-1.gif
. It was the best/smart thing to do for their sake.

I just hope that they take care of him I made sure that they knew everything they suppose to know but now they won't even answer to say if his trip was ok

spazz

Hatchling Dragon
View attachment 4029

I feel that my dragon doesn't have enough to do or climb or hide can anyone make any idea as to what I should add?
Eclosed is a pic of my baby beardie's tank. I started off with even more than you, and after the kind instructions from the fine folks here this is what Max ended up with.

Maybe I should have given him a Spartan name...

image.jpg

BTW... Those are the same tiles in my bathroom! :p

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358781666.495896.jpg

As you can see I moved my heat lamp right under the UVB so she can get UVB and heat she's loving it if you look close at the pic she's actually basking on her new decoration getting some uv rays lol

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good.

Having the basking spot in the middle of the enclosure, do you still have a cooler area of 80-85F? Have you removed the plastic cover from the UVB fixture?

GroomerMo

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes I do half the tank stays around the 90 the basking spot around 103-107 and the cool side stays in the lower 80s I got a 40 long instead of a breeder tank

Latest posts