• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I Can't Believe It

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This forum is like the Garden of Eden to me! All these beautiful reptiles either looking for homes or being born waiting for the time to go to a new home. It's the ultimate temptation. :D I'm counting down the time until I get my house so I can take everyone up on their offers and then some!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol
i told ya all you have to do is give me your address and one will sneak its way up there
ill tell ya im sending you a gift that way i know you are home lol

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
haha oh brian u are too much! between you, tom, gina, tim and a ton of others i have people to go to in every direction...i already made blueprints for a wall unit of enclosures :x

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how do you feel about snakes 8)
milks, corns, and some other odds and ends may be in my future too hehe

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i love snakes, respect them but i feel im not the type of person to own one...if i did get one it would be one that stayed small

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol we will see in time...most snakes take much less room than most lizards...id need a small freezer for all my food though lol ill have to have a setup similar to my friend mike's

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have been contemplating that myself. at my new home building a shed that is "powered off the grid" lol

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yea i would do something similar but i couldnt stand to have my animals in a structure different from where i am so ill do solar power for that room

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Candice
I actually priced it and had the people come out to take measurements and all for it this year. The cost is substantial.........and might be worth my time and money to invest.
If you're going to keep animals on a big scale its definately something to consider.......but on a small scale........the initial cost is too over whelming.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the investment in solar power wouldnt be done unless i had a large collection but with what i have now and even after i get mo back it wouldnt be worth it...wen i get into breedin beardies again and start breeding frillies then it may def be something to consider

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i think the way i figured it........at the use of 5 MVB's, 600 watts of regular lighting, 6 watts psf of flex watt X probably 80 feet........or equivalent to 8 small UTH's..................it's worth it.

ya figure i have to account for flexwatt, UTH's, regular house bulbs, MVB's, reptisun 10.0's, black lights, a misting machine and a pump. God knows what else.
The only thing that doesn't incorporate into that is the central heat/ac and room lighting. It's all on a different circuit.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
now that i think about it..........i don't think it took that much to make it worth while. ugh.........it's been awhile, and i don't have the paperwork here.
I remember there were 2 panels on the exterior of my house........all the network incorporated and relay station box. (I think that's so i didn't have to completely re-wire my house) it costed a bit more........but when you consider whoever buys my house may not want 1 room with solar power....I'd like to be able just to yank it all out when i choose.

Latest posts