• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I’m extremely worried about my beardie.

LNFbabies

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a german giant beardie that I have had for 4 years since she was a baby. She has been running around and was very spritely until this time where I was letting her run around and she fell off my bed. She seemed dazed and I still feel horrible that I failed to catch her. She stopped running around so I took her to the vet. Luckily they had a reptile vet and they did a blood sample, stool sample and xrays ( Her weight is 80 kg). Vet called me and said nothing seemed wrong with her bones and her organs are just fine. She apparently had a bit of high blood pressure and too many “Good parasites that reptiles have, preventing her from pooping very often.” He gave me 2 medications. One for pain(Meloxicam/Meloxldyl) which she finished because I had to give it to her for 10 days. And another for ridding said parasites(Fenbendazole/Panacur) which is to be given every 2 weeks and shes had her 2nd dose. She pooped at the vet the beginning of this month September 1st.

Now that I am caught up, she hasnt been as lively unless she wants in the window or is adjusting herself in her tank. She has not pooped since september 1st. I have given her applesauce, soaks and nothing has changed. Speaking of soaking I soak her 3 times a week which should be helping which the stuck shed on her belly which has been there for 2 months and hasnt came off. It looks like its warping her belly scales. I am very concerned because all of her acitivty stopped after she fell off the bed. I am not sure whats wrong and those are the only things I can find about her that are worriesome. No activity, no pooping, stuck shed.

6:30 am before work she gets a big salad of raddichio, endive, and butter lettuce with calcium (She prefers to be hand fed) and some water to sip from a spray bottle . Around 5:00 pm when I am home from work she has her crickets and beardie buffet repashy and again water from a spray bottle. She has a 100w UVB ( MyComfyPets on Amazon) that I leave on while at work which is 8 hours and the I give her the basking bulb for 4 hours and I shut it down at 10:00 pm before bed. I just got her a new UVB. When I am off and the UVB is on she sometimes avoids it and that worries me but the temperatures read about 80 to 90 degrees and the basking is 68 to 80. Is that too hot maybe?

I really care about her and really love her. I want her to live a long happy healthy life but with the way things are going I need to do something fast. Any help or criticism is appareciated.

Attachments

• C866EB47-EA4F-4141-AA97-3828A082008B.jpeg
    C866EB47-EA4F-4141-AA97-3828A082008B.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 3BB86C42-0973-4511-91E3-03C8578BD91A.jpeg
    3BB86C42-0973-4511-91E3-03C8578BD91A.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 21
  • FE6D9323-AB7C-4550-9DE9-B9B1600AC203.jpeg
    FE6D9323-AB7C-4550-9DE9-B9B1600AC203.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 22

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a german giant beardie that I have had for 4 years since she was a baby. She has been running around and was very spritely until this time where I was letting her run around and she fell off my bed. She seemed dazed and I still feel horrible that I failed to catch her. She stopped running around so I took her to the vet. Luckily they had a reptile vet and they did a blood sample, stool sample and xrays ( Her weight is 80 kg). Vet called me and said nothing seemed wrong with her bones and her organs are just fine. She apparently had a bit of high blood pressure and too many “Good parasites that reptiles have, preventing her from pooping very often.” He gave me 2 medications. One for pain(Meloxicam/Meloxldyl) which she finished because I had to give it to her for 10 days. And another for ridding said parasites(Fenbendazole/Panacur) which is to be given every 2 weeks and shes had her 2nd dose. She pooped at the vet the beginning of this month September 1st.

Now that I am caught up, she hasnt been as lively unless she wants in the window or is adjusting herself in her tank. She has not pooped since september 1st. I have given her applesauce, soaks and nothing has changed. Speaking of soaking I soak her 3 times a week which should be helping which the stuck shed on her belly which has been there for 2 months and hasnt came off. It looks like its warping her belly scales. I am very concerned because all of her acitivty stopped after she fell off the bed. I am not sure whats wrong and those are the only things I can find about her that are worriesome. No activity, no pooping, stuck shed.

6:30 am before work she gets a big salad of raddichio, endive, and butter lettuce with calcium (She prefers to be hand fed) and some water to sip from a spray bottle . Around 5:00 pm when I am home from work she has her crickets and beardie buffet repashy and again water from a spray bottle. She has a 100w UVB ( MyComfyPets on Amazon) that I leave on while at work which is 8 hours and the I give her the basking bulb for 4 hours and I shut it down at 10:00 pm before bed. I just got her a new UVB. When I am off and the UVB is on she sometimes avoids it and that worries me but the temperatures read about 80 to 90 degrees and the basking is 68 to 80. Is that too hot maybe?

I really care about her and really love her. I want her to live a long happy healthy life but with the way things are going I need to do something fast. Any help or criticism is appareciated.
Please get rid of the Comfy Pets UVB --- coils are no good and cause all kinds of health issues- especially ones that come from China etc--- please invest in a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Sunblaster Nano or a Arcadia Pro T 5 --- w/ a Reptsiun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb - these are some of the best on the market at this time- for a 40 + gallon tank you want a 24" fixture --- shes avoiding the UVB for a reason --- you need basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- these things I am posting and recommending are going to help w/ her over all health and behavior --- when you get the UVB replaced please post back on here so I can help you get it set up in the tank they have certain placement and distance - and I would do this ASAP

LNFbabies

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get rid of the Comfy Pets UVB --- coils are no good and cause all kinds of health issues- especially ones that come from China etc--- please invest in a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Sunblaster Nano or a Arcadia Pro T 5 --- w/ a Reptsiun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb - these are some of the best on the market at this time- for a 40 + gallon tank you want a 24" fixture --- shes avoiding the UVB for a reason --- you need basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- these things I am posting and recommending are going to help w/ her over all health and behavior --- when you get the UVB replaced please post back on here so I can help you get it set up in the tank they have certain placement and distance - and I would do this ASAP
Alright so I am gonna get a tube fixture and she does have a 40 gallon tank. What kind of digital probe is reccomended? I will post back when these things are shipped. Thank you very much I appreciate it.

LNFbabies

Bearded Dragon Egg
Update: She pooped today twice but I still need to figure out the lamp fixtures and what is up with her belly skin.
She may poop more with the proper lighting and Please someone help with the skin shed. Its literally yellow.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

The stomach looks like stain but I am going to have someone else look at it to make sure --- the head looks like her coloring

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Alright so I am gonna get a tube fixture and she does have a 40 gallon tank. What kind of digital probe is reccomended? I will post back when these things are shipped. Thank you very much I appreciate it.
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...um-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500202 Most use this look at the site your getting your UVB from they should carry them as well when you get the UVB please let me know so I can help you get it properly placed in your tank -- I would also may think about upgrading your tank here too -- but lets work on the lighting and temps first

LNFbabies

Bearded Dragon Egg
The stomach looks like stain but I am going to have someone else look at it to make sure --- the head looks like her coloring
I am sure that its skin because when I spray it with enough water over time it lifts but doesn’t completely come off.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am sure that its skin because when I spray it with enough water over time it lifts but doesn’t completely come off.
Please use some sulfa
Please use some silver sulfa cream and only soak once a week for 10 minutes if that- it should come off

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Update: She pooped today twice but I still need to figure out the lamp fixtures and what is up with her belly skin.
She may poop more with the proper lighting and Please someone help with the skin shed. Its literally yellow.
Shedeaze helps purchase on Amazon or pet store