• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity

Spyro1

Hatchling Dragon
Hello i have recently put digital hygrometers in each end of vivarium and 1 in middle the middle 1 is reading 51% Basking end is 43% and cool end is 62% should i get rid of end 1s and leave the 1 in middle?? Also basking temp is 97f and beardy is 8 months

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello i have recently put digital hygrometers in each end of vivarium and 1 in middle the middle 1 is reading 51% Basking end is 43% and cool end is 62% should i get rid of end 1s and leave the 1 in middle?? Also basking temp is 97f and beardy is 8 months
Surface basking temp is 91? I would get it up to 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -those are the most accurate if your gauge is digital w/ NO probe your getting ambient temps---- the hygrometer has a probe on it? I would get one w/ a probe if you dont have one -- you only need one w/ a hygrometer but if you want you can use all 3 that you have now so I would leave them in --- all those readings your getting are good --- watch the cool end you dont want it higher than 70%

Spyro1

Hatchling Dragon
Surface basking temp is 91? I would get it up to 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -those are the most accurate if your gauge is digital w/ NO probe your getting ambient temps---- the hygrometer has a probe on it? I would get one w/ a probe if you dont have one -- you only need one w/ a hygrometer but if you want you can use all 3 that you have now so I would leave them in --- all those readings your getting are good --- watch the cool end you dont want it higher than 70%
Basking temp is 97f and i get readings with a gun ,the hygrometers dont have probes but are digital are they no good???

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Basking temp is 97f and i get readings with a gun ,the hygrometers dont have probes but are digital are they no good???
No I am sure they are good --- your getting actual readings but probes are often recommended -- but you have good readings so just keep an eye on the cool side -- IR guns are good as well I use all 3 gauges in the tank analog stick ons for ambient plus I have 2 digital probes for surface basking temps and compare them to the analog as the probes hang in the tank on the side of the tank and a IR gun for spot temp readings --- I recommend getting the digital as they are the most accurate some IR guns cannot read off of certain materials and can give a false reading like hammocks and slate material slate rocks get very hot under basking lights -

Samodo26

Bearded Dragon Egg
I personally use one hygrometer probe in the middle, the humidity for bearded dragon’s isn’t a huge deal like people say. Heather moye breeds beardies outside in Florida and they are very Healthy with high humidity as long as it’s not cold and wet. Your basking temps also seem fine I would definitely get a dimming thermostat so you can set the right temps at all times with good accuracy, I recommend the herpstat 1 or 2. The only difference between the 1 and 2 is the 1 has 1 probe and the 2 has 2. If you have one dragon with one basking spot you should just get the herpstat1 it’s the cheaper option only Bc it has one Less probe it’s just as accurate

Latest posts