• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

humidity sky high

logrobs

Bearded Dragon Egg
HI! so im a new Beardie owner am havin lots of trouble with my humidity levels. I tried using a fan and puting that by the tank, but that only made it worse.What should i do??

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hi logrobs and Welcome to the BDF Community! We are glad to have you aboard!:) As far as the humidity issue goes there is little that can be done if you live in a high humidity area of the country or if your home's ambient humidity is naturally high other than purchasing a dehumidifier for your home or the room where your dragon's enclosure is located. That can be expensive and truthfully I don't worry excessively about humidity other than making sure I am not contributing to making the humidity higher.

Do you have a water dish in your dragon's enclosure? If you do it will raise the humidity and is not recommended because most dragons dont recognize standing water and therefore won't drink from a water dish so it's best to not use one. Your dragon will get moisture and hydration from the greens and feeders that you feed him as well as from the baths and misting you will provide for him.

You will also notice that humidity levels change during any given day in most areas so unless it is extremely high all the time then I wouldn't be too concerned.

BTW Here are some great links that will lead you to the correct info that you will need to provide the very best for your dragon. Read through them and if you have any questions anytime just ask...The BDF Community is slam-packed with experienced and enthusiastic beardie folks that are eager to help you and your new dragon have a healthy, happy and long life together!

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start
Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library
Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart
Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?
How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Enjoy!!:)

logrobs

Bearded Dragon Egg
thank you! took my water dish out and am already noticing a BIG difference, thanks!

Latest posts