• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity levels

sheflin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I just up graded to a 40 breeder and right now my humidity level is getting high, what is a good level, also any ideas about day time basking temp. I have a hammick and he Izzy gets on it sometimes. Should I move the hammick closer to the light 150w day light?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Humidity levels are typically around 40%. What is yours?

For babies, during the day, hot side should be b/w 105 & 110F. Adults should have day temps on the host side between 90 & 95F. They should have a structure to climb up to the basking site, but not too high so that they could touch it and burn themselves.

sheflin

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
During the day the temp is around 100, at night the temp is about 70-80 and the humidity goes up over 60-70%. We have had Izzy since November he was I 'm guessing 2-3 months old when we got him. I haven't noticed any health problems. Now that he is in his larger home I am trying to adjust everything for him.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
out of curiosity, are you using a digital humidity gauge such as acu rite or one of those dial things from the pet store?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gina makes a good point. In addition to her question, can you go over the new setup?

Do you have a water bowl in there?
Do you have a waterfall?
What is your UV light?
What substrate are you using?
Do you have any live plants int he viv?

Latest posts