• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to turn a dresser into a tank....? HELP!

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i was wanting to buy cheap a dresser or side table and take off the door and build around the dresser to make a tank for my beardie.... does anybody know a cheap way to do this or has anybody done this that can give me advice.... i have my plans all mapped out to build a big nice tank but thought of this and was wanting to do the same thing but have it match my room and go that route.... i would love to see pictures of your tanks like this and would love to hear ideas.... thanks!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Go to thrift store or a goodwill store and see what you can find flee markets are also good places

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Pretty basic strip the doors put a glass door on it wether sliding or hinged wire it up for you lighting and vent it your good to go.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you can always mount a ceramic light fixture in there and use a regular house bulb for heat then mount a florescent for UVB

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes it will its all about distance to the basking area you can use any heat emitting source weather its a CHE, Basking bulb or regular house hold bulb, Whats important is the distance. mount the bulb to the proper distance to basking area. You will need a digital thermometer to achieve this. i keep my basking area around 110 F

Sqooky

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If you buy something with a drawer on top you could cut out the bottom of the drawer and use metal screening from the home improvement store to cover the hole. This makes a great place for the lights and you can't see the actual fixtures from the outside ;)

Latest posts