• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to start a Roach colony

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i use solid blue bins with screening at top in blue bins so it is always completely dark roachs pay no attention to red light and i use egg cartons with 3 bowls 1 water crystals cat food and other greens.

my temps are 85 -95

P.J.

Bearded Dragon Egg
If I were to order 100 mixed 1/4 to 1 1/2, would this be enough to start breeding and feeding or would you recommend more. My dragon is a baby. Also do you have a preference of who to order from (websites)??

Beardie123

Juvenile Dragon
nope if you order mixed you might have one or 2 sexualy mature roaches then you colony will not reproduce if you want then to breed quickorder adult males and adult females

P.J.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok, i just ordered 250 small dubia. I am now looking for a starter kit. I have found two sites the first one is $42.00 125 Mixed Kit 1 Adult Pair +1 Free Adult Pair, comes with 1 lb chow, 2 oz water crystals, 3 egg flats and 10 x 10 screen. The other one has 25 Adult Female Dubia and 10 Adult Male Dubia, 1/2 lb of chow, 1 oz water crystals, a small cleaner crew and a 360 bowl for 45.99. Which would you recommend?

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
try american bearded dragons in the for sale add he is very good and you should get your roachs in 2-3 days order only adult roaches or a mix of 500 roaches don't buy just nymphs because it will set you back about 6 months to get a good established colony going.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
So I got 100 extra large Dubia yesterday. They seemed fine all day and last night but today a lot of them are just laying on their backs. If I pick one up it starts to move but they all look dead until you touch them. I've never had them before so i'm not sure what is happening to them. There are already little baby roaches in the egg carton. I hope someone can help me please!!! I don't want to lose all of them.
IMAG0032.jpg
IMAG0035.jpg
IMAG0031 (1).jpg
IMAG0034.jpg

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Ok I checked the temps then put them on the top shelf of my sons closet and changed the bulb to a red night bulb that I had taken out of my beardie's tank. So i'm hoping they warm up soon. Thanks for the help

Latest posts