• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to know when Brumation is over

griffink074

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

My bearded dragon has been in brumation since early February. I didn't recognize the signs at first but then started to do some research on why he seemed to have low energy, was eating little, and pooping infrequently. Once I realized he was brumating I bought him a burrow/sleeping bag, and running water trough, check his weight to make sure he hasn't lost too much, and never turn the lights on.

How do I confirm brumation is over without disturbing him? Before he started brumation he wasn't active when the lights where off, and now he just sleeps in the sleeping bag all day.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,

My bearded dragon has been in brumation since early February. I didn't recognize the signs at first but then started to do some research on why he seemed to have low energy, was eating little, and pooping infrequently. Once I realized he was brumating I bought him a burrow/sleeping bag, and running water trough, check his weight to make sure he hasn't lost too much, and never turn the lights on.

How do I confirm brumation is over without disturbing him? Before he started brumation he wasn't active when the lights where off, and now he just sleeps in the sleeping bag all day.
Incorrect lighting will impersonate brumation- just had one guy lose his dragon to incorrect basking temps and incorrect uvb- dragon lost tons of weight and he tried desperately to save him he died -- dragons are not active when the lights are off- they should not brumate over 3 months and they can lose like 10 grams or so over that time period but most sustain to the weigh if healthy going in- please go over your uvb coil or long tube --- basking temps and how your taking them - you want surface basking temps-- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer-

Latest posts