• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to keep larger amounts of crickets

kathann

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a small cricket keeper that I got at the pet store,but rather than make a trip to the pet store several times a week, what is the best way to house about 200-250 crickets.
I have tried different size Big plastic tubs..ventilated the lid..put several tubes and toilest paper rolls in the container.
When I used the cricket keeper, I NEVER had any dead ones, and now that I am doing this, I am.
I am open to any and all suggestions, on how I can properly do this
Thanks in Advance

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
crickets in big numbers can be pain I used a rumbbermaid tub cuz i was ordering 2000 at a time. If one cricket looses a leg and you dont get it cleaned up it can kill them all. I would clean mine out twice a day and did pretty well with little lost. Id just shake them all loose from there egg crate, tap them all down to one corner, set it up right againa and wait for all the live ones to move away then vacume up the waste.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It must be about a 30g rubbermaid. I feed the flukers cricket diet and cricket quencher. I got some egg crate from Sams Club since my wife works there but those in the rubber made tub. and then i use some the tubes from my large cricket keeper drilled holes in the side of m y rubbermade tube and put the tubes in in there for easy feeding. I was ordering crickets from hungry lizards and they where doing pretty good till my last order ordered 1/8th and got a bunch of pinheads i couldnt do much with. so not sure if im going to order from them again

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I feed more then my local petstores order in pluss its cheaper buying wholesale

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im in the US This is my rack where i keep my bulk crickets on the bottom and my supers are on top.
IMG_20110812_225659.jpg

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Its cooperate the store it self doesn't do the ordering corporate office does its a shame but that's how it works. Ive tried to get them to order more in or make special orders for me but they cant do it.

Latest posts