• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how to clean...

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
The driftwood in Draco's tank? He has 2 pieces that are crisscrossed and he loves it and also loves pooping on it... I pick up his poop immediately and wash everything off with a wet rag but how do I really clean it?

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Im no expert but i've read that you can wash it in a vinegar and water or bleach and water solution and then bake it .

mayhmmaydn

Bearded Dragon Egg
for wood I will take off what I can and then wipe with vinegar and water. once a week( unless its messier) I take the wood out and use "Wipeout"( check the reptile area in pet places for other cleaners) on it and scrub it really well. rinse well then dry. On occasion I have had to wash with mild soap and water, rinse well then spray it with a solution of 10% household bleach and water. Ill either put it in the sun for a while or I make the solution hot. Then rinse well and let dry. I use a reptile safe sealer on my driftwood to help keep it from being too porous and absorbing it. I find good hardwood better than driftwood for that reason but driftwood is so pretty lol make sure its dry and fume free before putting it back in the enclosure.

May

Latest posts