• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how sad is this

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I just want to punch people like that in the face to distract them and steal their beardies :mad: They don't deserve to have them if they don't care enough to separate them for their own good.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For starters, I am not a supporter of housing multiple beardies in one enclosure. And we all know that there are success stories out there.

However, it does appear that these dragons are very well cared for. Their vivs are clean, they look healthy and strong. Please refrain from bashing another who is not present to defend himself. I understand that we are all passionate about bearded dragons and their well-being.

We take pride in the community we have formed here and wish to keep the forum open minded and keep the close minded mob mentality out.

Thank you.

AlicesArk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
And I want to add, sometimes these things are in complete ignorance...just yesterday I adopted two grown males who have been housed together without any apparent problems (they key word here is "apparent", lol) and now they're fighting and I have to separate them. Is it the previous owner's fault? Yes and no, because yes she should have known better, but no because she wasn't having any issues (yet).

Just my personal input :)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
in this guys case he posted this on a forum and said that anyone that had an issue with his housing could shutup. He wasnt new and just didnt care. Said it took him 4 tries to find males that would live together. so i can only imagine what happened with the other dragons that didnt successfully live together. Anywho i didnt say anything to the guy cause i didnt want an argument.

AlicesArk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ugh well if the guy knew better and did it anyways I definitely feel bad for the poor dragons.

*is sad

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
o offense to that guy but that is an accident waiting to happen

t4bluebird

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ah I can see having two together male and female. but two males and then two females ???? But it just pissed me off when the caption on youtube said he sold the one male dragon because he just wasnt doing his job with the ladies. Thats just mean I dont think of my dragon as a source of income I only have one lol but i never would anyway if the guy didnt want to mate hell thats his choice i wouldnt sell him just for that.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Actually, if one were wanting to house multiple dragons, I believe the safest scenario is two females. However, even that could end up in tragedy.

A male/female scenario: the male breeds the female to death (it does happen).
A male/male scenario: territorial issues....they fight 'til one is either dominated or dead.

Personally, I would never house two dragons in the same enclosure.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Craiger said:
A male/female scenario: the male breeds the female to death (it does happen).

That is hilarious if you can step back and be objective. :)
And my GF thinks I want to play too often, haha.

Latest posts