• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often to give a bath

StellaG

Hatchling Dragon
How often do beardies need a bath and why do they need one? I feel like I’m seeing a wide range of recommendations for this.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How often do beardies need a bath and why do they need one? I feel like I’m seeing a wide range of recommendations for this.
Ive done a little reading myself, there’s some debate that too many baths can be a bad thing (from the water being bad for their scales to them only chosing to have a bowel movement in the water) I personally wouldn’t bathe my own beardy more than 4 times a week with a dry day inbetween , but i have heard people bathing theirs every day with no issues, i bathe my girl every Friday with a toothbrush and this product.

Attachments

• 4A7CF7CB-02DE-4DEA-9F01-DE241FA8733D.jpeg
    4A7CF7CB-02DE-4DEA-9F01-DE241FA8733D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 41ACB665-8A84-4B47-851A-EE07ACEA0696.jpeg
    41ACB665-8A84-4B47-851A-EE07ACEA0696.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 1

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I do not bath my dragons unless they absolutely need it --- too many baths will dry the scales out --- bathing is good for plugged femoral pores - if they only drink from the bath -- really bad shed --- or they have poop all over them -- other than that they are fine w/ out - bathing to drink I would do that then every week or so but they will get most of their water out of the veggies they are being fed - those can be rinsed before serving and gut loaded insects as well but more of the veggies --

StellaG

Hatchling Dragon
I do not bath my dragons unless they absolutely need it --- too many baths will dry the scales out --- bathing is good for plugged femoral pores - if they only drink from the bath -- really bad shed --- or they have poop all over them -- other than that they are fine w/ out - bathing to drink I would do that then every week or so but they will get most of their water out of the veggies they are being fed - those can be rinsed before serving and gut loaded insects as well but more of the veggies --
I will stick with just bathing if she’s actually dirty like from poop. She is fine for a very short bath but doesn’t love it. I mist her veggies and she’s a good salad eater so I’m not worried about hydration plus the idea of drinking bath water sounds a bit yucky.

Latest posts