• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often can I bathe my beardie?

sosabe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all!

I am a long time admirer of beardies, and now first time owner! My boy Ziggy is 7 years old and was an owner surrender to my local reptile store. When I picked him up, the employee told me that he loves the water and thoroughly enjoys baths. We had our first beardie bath today (I used about an inch of water in the bottom of a rubberaid tote) and safe to say he LOVED splashing around and exploring it! I know that you’re generally supposed to bathe once or twice a week but I am just wondering if there is an upper limit to how often they can go for a swim, as I would like to start taking him daily!

FinniansMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all!

I am a long time admirer of beardies, and now first time owner! My boy Ziggy is 7 years old and was an owner surrender to my local reptile store. When I picked him up, the employee told me that he loves the water and thoroughly enjoys baths. We had our first beardie bath today (I used about an inch of water in the bottom of a rubberaid tote) and safe to say he LOVED splashing around and exploring it! I know that you’re generally supposed to bathe once or twice a week but I am just wondering if there is an upper limit to how often they can go for a swim, as I would like to start taking him daily!
Hi! Congratulations on your new little guy! I know the required baths are 2-3 times a week, but it’s also true that kidney failure from dehydration kills a lot of little dragons every year. I rescue dragons, and I bathe mine daily. They love it, and are well hydrated. If you notice their skin/scales looking a little dry, you can add a little mineral or olive oil to their bath water, which won’t hirt them if they drink it. They also make a food grade aloe vera gel you can use, if you’d rather try that. This is often used in the bath water for leatherbacks and silkies. Enjoy their baths with them as often as you’re both happy, but try to get any chlorine or impurities out of the wster if you’re going to do it often. (They make a Repti-safe additive you can add to tap water to make it safe!). I hope you and your new dragon have many happy years together!

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all!

I bathe mine every day as he likes it and if he wants a swim he can. He only drinks from his bath. As long as the water does not go above his ears. I have the water warm.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I personally wouldn’t do anymore than 4 days a week (one dry day in between) (they dont have much access to water in Australia) depending on your water (city or well) it can have a negative affect on their scales, ive been using this product and I highly recommend it :)

Attachments

• CB9F54C9-10BC-4789-9D15-ECE9E6CD47F0.jpeg
    CB9F54C9-10BC-4789-9D15-ECE9E6CD47F0.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 4

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I personally wouldn’t do anymore than 4 days a week (one dry day in between) (they dont have much access to water in Australia) depending on your water (city or well) it can have a negative affect on their scales, ive been using this product and I highly recommend it :)
I've always bathed my Beardies. They have been fine,however, thank you for your concern. Our dragons have had most of their original traits bred out of them and are captive species now, I wouldn't risk harming my beardie. Tx

Latest posts